When I turned 29 a few months ago, I had a mini breakdown.
(within my own head)
This is my last year in my 20's... Until I turn old.
( at least this is what my teenage self decided)
I didnt even know, but I made a mental leap list , of sorts.
Things to do before I start turning to a creaky jointed old timer.
On that list was to run further than j ever have/ push my body to be stronger .
I can almost get out my red sharpie and put a line through it...
Cuz
In less than 24 hours, I will be
somewhere between wickenburg and Phoenix.
(running my heart out)
And that will only be my first leg of the relay.
Our team will run the 200 mile relay within 36 hours.
I feel like there are a million things to try to get in order before morning.
But I think I am finally over the anxious, crazy,nervousness
.
I am just so ready to put all of those 3 and 4 am mornings to good use.
( and then not see those hours again for at least another week)
I feel so grateful that my man is willing to take over my duties for 2 days... And then rub my footsies upon my return.
Right babe?
While I take on my pre 30 leap list .
Wish me luck!
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
2 comments:
Leap like the wind!! And from one who has not only ended the 20's but the 30's, and is into the.....dun dun dun 40's, I can tell you this: the calendar may tell you you are older, but your brain (and most of my body) feels the same. If only I could keep my tush from sliding down the back of my leg. Ohhh, perhaps exercise. I'll think on that. Good luck this weekend sista!!!
Jen good luck it sounds awesome! As for your 30's comment I'm offended:) so there's ladies here that play on a soccer team and their youngest player is 47 and the oldest is 70! And they can kick my butt! Also no one here even starts having kids until 35.... They think I'm the youngest mother ever. And.... I loved turning 30. It's nice to be a little older and not a 20 something. But I'm on the verge of 35.... And that sounds way worse than 30 now!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment