Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Throwing in the chips.

Some days are smooth sailing.
Some days are not so much.
Some moments are more like
" I'd rather have a punch in the face " kinda times.

But since I am an optimist.
And there is no punch in the face trade- in option, we are going a different direction.

( since urinating on your bed... On purpose and holding food in your mouth for 13 hours are not options either)

Behavior modification system is in order.

Expectations set.
Rewards are laid out.

Only positive feedback given.
No punishments.
Only consequences.

I am excited to be the happy, praising, rewarding mom again.

Not the negative, punishing one.
( I am not a fan of hers)

Thank heaven for priesthood blessings and moms.




3 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

Sorry about the bed peeing on purpose. I hate when you feel like you have it all together, it goes down the tubes over night. Well it feels that way for me. You are the most understanding and patient mom I know though! I like your game plan. Going to have to steal it.

And Tate is one studly boy... for sure going to be the next Nate Haslam. Haha, I hope his wife doesnt read your blog!!

Amy said...

Why did you leave the food in your mouth for 13 hours? It looks like a very cute and clever plan of action. And goodbye to that other mom -- I don't like it when she visits here either. Hooray for you!!

Adam and Jess said...

Great idea. I think Pax will be old enough for this when we get back to AZ and I agree that I like the "Love and Logic" mom way more than the punishing Mom.