Tuesday, May 4, 2010

decided.

I wrote a few weeks ago that we were praying about any new additions to our family.
We got our answer.

My uterus will not be growing any babies.
{ya, i just used the word uterus in a sentence}
at least for now.
I can't count out ever, but for the next two years, at least.
It just doesn't feel right.
We are keeping our adoption certification up to date, because it is easier to keep it up rather than start new again.
We could get a call with  that is "our child" tomorrow or in 3 years or never.
and we are feeling great with all of those options.

i think this entire "deciding" process was a test of my faith.
i didn't even want to think about being prego again, but I knew I needed to ask and really listen.
When I finally took the step of faith, He answered.
{as always}

so, if my belly looks slightly prego, it's just me.
don't rub it. :)

4 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

im glad you got an answer.It's even better when you like the answer. I don't think 30 extra pounds is fun if you're not ready for it. Someday it will... and it will be bombtastic!

Jenna said...

Your such a nerd! My stomach is 5 months pregnant when I drink water. You Lines girls!! Glad you got an answer!

Amy said...

Isn't it nice to be able to trust Him and feel totally at peace with our choices when we have confirmation. My opinion of the "done" thing is different so far. I think it's just a continuation of following His will no matter what our personal decision would be. And then you are always right and it ends up being exactly what you wanted - even though you didn't know it.

Stephanie Evans said...

I second Shelley's comment. I've been praying about the same thing, but not with as open a mind as you, I think. I don't want to be pregnant again and I don't think I'm ready for another one (says the woman with one child to the woman with 4) It's mostly for selfish reasons, so I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is. Maybe soon.