Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tea for free.

I got an invitation.
I was invited.
to a mothers day tea.
just for me.
i was assured that i wouldn't have to drink "real" tea.
by ashlinn.
I went as the invite instructed to the school gym.
and saw a big group of kindergarteners.
this girlie was the cutest.

and she is mine.
{i may be biased}
the kindies performed songs.
and i got a little teary thinking about how fast she was growing.
after the songs, we had lemonade {or tea} and rice krispie treats.
then we made a craft.
handmade frienship necklaces.
one for me, one for her.
I chose pink, she chose yellow.

I am one lucky lady.
thanks ashlinn {and teacher} for a fantastic mothers day celebration!

3 comments:

becki said...

How adorable! I love tea parties, especially with cute little girls! Even though I don't want Lo to grow up I do look forward to little things like this. {Super cute mommy too!}

We are having an adult tea party at my house on Friday. You should come. More info on my whippy cake blog soon.

MelissaEaves said...

Hooray for lemonade. Tea....NASTY! That was so cute. It's great to be a mom and to be able to do fun things like that with your little girls. They LOVE it!

Adam and Jess said...

Kids growing up is definitely bittersweet. It makes you so happy when there's moments like this to just sit and drink some tea with your favorite little ones.