Monday, June 28, 2010

{vacay}

Jakes BFF since childhood invited us to his families temple sealing this past weekend in St. George.
{we wouldn't miss that for anything}
Instead of packing up the entire gang and driving, we decided to make a romantic getaway out of it.
You know, just me and the mister.
{and decided to FLY to Vegas}
...before heading over to St. George.


Waiting for the airport bus.
Eating at Planet Hollywood.
A famous Las Vegas buffet
{moment of silence to think about the deliciousness of the crepes}
{insert stomach growling here}
We spent most of our time shopping in the many malls.
{and eating}
I couldn't find anything close to modest that was under 200 dollars.
{but just looking is always fun}

Jake found a HUGE Nike store.
{with an entire Jordan LEVEL}
He bought a pair of bball shorts...'cuz his stash of 1 bazillion pair must be running low. :)
We stayed in a gorgeous hotel.
{that was casino/bar/club free...a rare find on the strip}
We got to spend EVERY second together.
{that is the BEST part of the vacation for me}
We drove to St. George on Saturday with Jake's cute parents.
It was a change to go from "the strip" to this Beauty within an Hour and a half.
I don't know what caused it, but we giggled like 13 year old girls all day.

Here is the darling family we went to see.
{the Neibaurs}
The sealing was perfect.
Seeing Brian, Tiffany, Cadence, and Madi all dressed in white gave me chills all over.
{me and my eternal sweetheart}
Jake and Brian
After the temple and a lunch, we {shelley and I} HAD to go to this store we have heard amazing things about.
our men..."shopping"
This is a warehouse....of home decor, jewlery, purses.
{basically heaven}
and very fairly priced.
{Darn my tiny carry on suitcase.}

After shopping day 2, it was time to fly home.
I had booked a flight out of St. George.
{no big deal...right?}
Apparently St. George BARELY has  an "airport".
We drove up to a parking lot with a small building/hanger.
{that was the airport}
with tiny planes.
I wet my pants.
{'cuz I am not a good traveler...by large bird}
Oh, did I mention it was on TOP of a bluff...the end of the runway was the START of the canyon.
Where's my dramamine?
...and sedatives?
Jake bought this rice krispy treat during the day shopping.
He carried it around like a baby.
{didn't want to have it melt or squished}
{our plane pulled up}
I think I was laughing so I didn't cry.
It was itty bitty.
This is a picture of "baggage claim"
They open a window and put the bags onto a stand below.
High tech stuff!
This is the ENTIRE airport.
{all 1 room of it}
The plane had just landed so there were actually people around.
{for the hour before it was a ghost town}

One seat accross.
8 rows back.
{awesome}
{scenic views}
Since Jake wasn't sure if we would live through the flight, he decided to eat his treat he had been saving.
{it would be a shame to crash with an UNEATEN rice krispy treat} 
please note the chocolate fudgy goodness in/on his teeth.
That must mean it was DELISH!
{love him}
that is a PROPELLER.
on our plane.
{seriously}
Next time I think I will take the drive back to Las Vegas to fly out.
{although it made for days worth of laughing and jokes}

Basically we had a fabulous time.
It reminded me of dating my hubby all over again.
He is even funnier than he used to be.

Thanks Neibaurs for giving us a good excuse to be together {without distractions} for a few days.

6 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Oooo, more than just a {bit} jealous.
Vaca with no kiddos = bliss.
I would have peed my pants at the sight of the bitty plane also. Scary stuff.
I miss Vegas. It's been a while. My dad was saying that with the economy so bad you can get a night at the Bellagio for $70. Not a bad time to visit Sin City.
Where might one find a locally sold, ginormous and fudge covered crispy treat? Yum.

Shelley Goodman said...

You got to go to Tai Pan...lucky. I have heard it's just like Heaven there. I hear that about the Nike outlet too:) Super fun trip I might add. I think Vegas is so delightful even if boos, clubs and gambling are no no's.

Amy said...

If there wasn't a good traveling story, it wasn't a good vacation!! Thanks for sharing yours. And why is it that my funny traveling stories always relate to bodily functions? I guess your's did, too--you peed your pants!

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

Haha you sure know how to make a trip awesome!! I want a trip with no kids and just my sexy man ;)

Shelley Goodman said...

3 more days, WAHOO!!!

Jenna said...

Sounds like total fun! My question is who takes all your pictures of u and Jake? Do u ask random people, because I never do! Damon won't pose anyways lol!