Some babies grow in their mommy's belly.
Some babies grow in their mommy's heart.
Crew grew in my heart.
{For years and years before I got to hold him.}
It was December 2006.
Jake and I went to church on fast Sunday.
{not unusual}
As we sat there holding Ashlinn and Hallie, the sacrament was passed, testimoonies were shared, and the spirit whispered into Jake's mind and heart, "your little boy is waiting for you. And he has special needs."
Jake leaned over to me and whispered what the spirit had told him.
I was filled with an instant warmth as the Holy Ghost testified this truth to me.
We went home and talked about this. We decided to start looking into options. We called around to different agencies.
{nothing felt right}
We picked an agency anyway, 'cuz we had to act on our spiritual prompting.
{we didn't want our little boy to have to wait for us any longer}
After we began classes, we got the uneasy feeling.
{we were not doing what would lead us to our boy}
so we quit.
But I prayed every day for our son.
{no matter where he was, or what he was going through}
I also prayed we would know which direction to take...and when.
time went by.
{it was the end of 2008}
2 years since that day in church.
{the spirit told us it was time}
So we picked a different agency.
{and felt great with this choice}
everything went smoothly.
We attended classes, filled out paperwork, and prayed like crazy.
In May 2009, we finished our classes.
{we could get a call anytime}
In mid July, I got the call from our lady at AASK.
"we have a list of children that are going to be up for adoption. Take a look at it and tell me if there is anyone you are interested in."
{she emailed me the list}
I opened it and read through the names and brief information of 5 children.
{i had an immediate favorite}
Jake came home and read the same list.
{and chose the same little boy}
"2 year old hispanic little boy with a diagnosis of developmental delay.
He is beginning to communicate verbally.
He enjoys running, jumping, and playing with his outside toys.
He enjoys swings, balls, and cars.
He is a happy and playful little boy."
There was something about him.
Something the Spirit whispered.
We told Trisha, our AASK lady, that he was the one.
She said there were several other families that were interested in him as well.
{we would have to wait and see}
On July 21, 2009, my phome rang.
It was Trisha.
"They chose you! There were several other families, but they unanimously chose you. Congratulations!"
{I was silently crying on the other end of the phone}
This was our boy.
{the one Heavenly Father had told us about 2 1/2 years before.}
{and we finished our paperwork/classes just in time}
{no coincidence}
She then told me that his birthday was in November 2006.
{ a few weeks before that day in church}
I realized that we were told about his arrival when he was a tiny, newborn baby.
{when he was going through hard things}
Maybe he needed our nightly prayers, even though it wasn't time for him to come.
I knew one thing for sure...Heavenly Father loves him so much, that He went through the steps to have us love him, pray for him, and want him, years in advance.
We needed to be ready to hold our little man.
{and we were}
After that call in July, we got everything ready.
His bed, room, clothes, highchair, carseat, and toys.
{and then we waited....and waited}
In the middle of August, I talked to his case worker...and she sent me his picture.
{my heart melted}
he is adorable.
I set his picture as my computer backdrop.
{so I could say good morning to him, even when I couldn't hold him}
Finally on September 1st 2009, we met our handsome boy.
From the first hug, I knew I had been missing him.
There was this area in my heart that was complete.
{the spot where he had been growing}
{for years}
He is my son.
I have the same mothers love for Crew as I have for my other children.
{it is no different}
I just get to count my blessings a little differently with him.
{because I get to include his birth family and foster mom as well}
In a few hours, our family will be at the courthouse.
Where a judge will tell us that we are officially his parents.
{but that is something we have known for years}
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
2 comments:
I've been thinking about you all day. Soooo excited to have Crew "officially" be part of our family. Thank you for your beautiful post, I needed a tissue. I may need several more on July 2nd.
Too special for words.
An amazing story.
I'm so sad I can't be at the sealing.
The church is true.
Heavenly Father counts his sparrows.
All of them.
Post a Comment