Monday, July 27, 2009

Kindergarten, here she comes!!!

My Ashlinn started kindergarten today! (she went to mini version last year, but this is the real deal) She is gone all day...it feels so weird that I don't see her adorable face for most of my waking hours. She was the bravest Kinder. ever...just walked right in and didn't look back! When I picked her up she informed me that she has 5 new friends.( she doesn't know any of their names, yet) I am so proud of my Ashlinn Sadie!
"It was my best school day ever!" says Ashlinn after day #1
Hallie missed eating lunch with Ash. Hal knew that Ashlinn would bring a lunch, but she didn't realize until today that this meant they wouldn't be eating together. After a little sadness, Jake came and picked up Hal and brought her to work with him.
Everyone ended up having a great day! ( I even washed my hair and put on makeup before noon)
we will learn to love our new schedule!


9 comments:

Amy said...

Hair and makeup? Before noon?!? When was the last time that happened...nevfer mind, let's not answer that question. I'm sure Ash is a pro and kindergarden (if there is such a thing). Poor Hal, let's hope she adjusts fast so Jake doesn't have a permenant buddy at work. School doesn't start for 3 wks. here. And boy are we enjoying it! Good luck at the new sched.

Bree

the Robinsons said...

Yay for Ashlinn! She's the cutest little kindergartener!

bettina said...

I use this site call Picnik and it is awesome for editing pics and doing all kinds of stuff and best of all it's free!!(or you can upgrade for a small price) The 30 day challenge on the other hand is not going so well, I swear as soon as I said I was going to do it, I had no will power!! I will try harder....

Stephanie Evans said...

You have a KINDERGARTENER??!! What is this craziness?! And school starting in July? Even crazier. That's sweet how close Ashlinn and Hallie are. Best buds.

Shelley Goodman said...

Dude, why is your bed ALWAYS made? I heart that shelf above it too. Ashlinn is sure darn cute. I bet she forgot to tell you that her new 5 friends are all boys:)

MelissaEaves said...

Wow, you know your hormones are a little crazy when your crying while reading that your sister's oldest child started kindergarten. Then the next 2 entries really did me in. Thanks for the many, many tears. I'm feeling a bit nauseous now.

The Garrison Family said...

McKenzie is wondering why it's called the "the Fab five" when your so graciously (+ ing) another little boy into your family? It's going to have to be the savvy six or silly six or something. I'm sure you'll come up with something adorable! Ya for Ashlinn. I'm with Melissa. I'm in tears on how fast our family is growing up to quickly. YIKES!

Cicily said...

Wait, you do your hair an makeup on days other than Sunday? You're wonderwoman in my book. Ashlinn looks so cute, I can imagine her teacher loves her already.

Jenna said...

I love school and so do my kids!!!