What we don't know is...
- What size clothes/shoes/diapers does he wear?
- Does he sleep in a bed or a crib?
- Does he have a favorite toy/character/show?
- What foods does he like to eat (and NOT like to eat)?
- Will he come with a bunch of clothes or just the ones on his back?
- Does he have fears? (dogs, darkness (like me), water
And very importantly...What is his name going to be?
We are thinking Crew, Nixon, or Clay
I think Crew is going to be the winner. We have talked about 500 names over the past few months and we always come back to Crew. It sounds good with our last name, we think it blends with the rest of our families names , and we can picture him growing up with that strong name!
People wonder how and why we will be changing a 2 1/2 year olds name...it is complicated...there are several reasons...we want to be able to let him know that his name was picked with love and consideration, just for him, and we want his name to blend in with the rest of our family, so he doesn't have another reason to feel different.We know it won't be easy at first, but he will begin his new life and new name with his new family and we will do it together!
Crew...we are waiting bud!
5 comments:
Congrats Jenn that is so great. I like Crew it seems to fit really good. I wish so bad that I can have a sister for Denim. I don't know what I'd do without mine now
that my Mom is gone. I don't want Denim to be alone. I wouldn't get pregnant till next year anyways, but Damon really says no.......well there's no better people I can think of to be getting this baby! Except maybe your parents:)!!
But I guess that's where you get this ability.... From your Mom!!! I can't wait to meet him!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!!! Life is going to be crazy for you, but it sounds like you're up for the challenge and more excited than anything. I can't wait to see him. He does sound like he'll fit right in. We're coming home mid Aug and I'd love to see you girls. Maybe we can find a place and go swimming or something. I seriously need to get more sun than we're getting out here.
That is really exciting...I didn't know that you guys were getting another kid!! You are going to be great--and I admire you so much for doing this. So he will be a foster child and then when can you adopt him?
It was so fun seeing you at the temple. Wow, you do have a list of unknowns and you will have a fun few weeks really getting to know your new little guy. I vote for Crew, I think that is a strong and adorable name.
ps I think I am getting together with Steph and Shel Wed afternoon at their moms. I'll have one of them call you. =)
Congratulations!! I am very excited for you. Marc was mentioning something about a boy for you guys that he and Jake had talked about at the church one night (of the many they spend there). Anyway, all your name choices are great, but I think Crew is way cute!! Good Luck, can't wait to see the little guy!
Post a Comment