Tuesday, July 21, 2009

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...it's a boy!!!!

Today is a day I will never forget!
A week ago I got a call saying that there was a list of children available for adoption. After looking at the list of 5 kiddos, we let our family specialist know which child we were interested in. Today was the "big meeting" where they presented our family with 14 others that were trying to adopt this one boy. THEY CHOSE US! I can't put into word the excitement and gratitude I feel. We have been fasting and praying about him for years! 3 years ago this December, Jake and I were at church and Jake got the impression that there was a little boy waiting for our family. It is amazing how the Lord knows each of us and knew that our little guy would need us 3 years in the future. (and we would need him) I woke this morning with the kind of feeling I have the days I have given birth...the joy, excitement, nerves...just knowing that something life changing was about to happen. We won't get to meet him until mid August, (only 2 1/2 weeks, but it feels like forever!)
He is 2 years old, he is at risk for a cognitive disability and recieves speech, physical therapy and does early intervention. Our family specialist has seen pictures and she says he is "just a doll!
" He has big brown eyes and dark hair. (sounds like a few other members of our household) Even though we haven't seen any pictures or met him, but I am in love!

I will give more information when I can, but since he is a foster child, I have to keep alot of personal info. NOT on the internet.
--- love,
a new mom of 4!!!!!!

10 comments:

Annell said...

Oh! I'm tearing all over again! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him!

Stephanie Evans said...

Oh my goodness! Jenni, you and Jake are just amazing. No other words to say it. What a lucky little boy to be a part of your family. I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!!!

Kristi said...

Holy cow! How exciting! I know how excited my brother and sister in law were when they found out about both of their boys. It was fun watching them get as many things as they needed in such a little time before they came home. I think the soonest they got was 4 weeks notice and they were both new borns in different states and they had to go pick them up from the hospital. I can't believe you'll have 4! I think that's going to be our max. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

Leah Martineau said...

I think you both are amazing!!! Holy cow!! What a lucky lucky little guy to be blessed with a great family and will be raised in the gospel. Well I can't wait to keep checking your blog to see the update!!! =)

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Congratulations, Congratulations!! That is one lucky little boy to be joining your family!! I am sure you feel just as lucky!! We can't wait to meet the little guy! I hope the two and a half weeks goes quickly for you!!

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

That is so awesome! Congrats! Of course they picked you, you guys rock! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Shelley Goodman said...

I have been waiting to hear what happend. HOORAAAY! I can't wait to meet him. Lane will have another buddy. You got the burb just in time. I think you guys should get one of those stickers for your back window with everybody lined up in a row. Only it's too bad Bob is gone cuz that would have been da bomb. Really, I am just so happy for you guys!

bettina said...

WOW! congratulations! what a blessing for him and for your family! Can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! This brightened my day right up!

Can't wait to meet him! ;)