{there was no talk of money or goods}
Just expectations and possible "deal breakers".
I hade two things that i said wouldn't permit.
1. owning a dog
2. he could never try on my pants.
i didn't want to know if they fit.
{steph, i learned this from your dad}
Jake also had 4 mandatory food items that "must be kept in our house at all times".
{yes, a food pre-nup}
1. bacon
2. milk
3. chips
4. salsa
We both agreed to this agreement.
{until}
This week Jake brought home a puppy...a dog puppy.
it is a chihuahua.
the girls named her Hawaii.
I named her "the beach"
Of course the kids all loved having her around.
they chased her, held her, snuck her inside and watched cartoons while holding her in a blanket.
after a few days of having to feed, water, refeed and re-water {after dog dumped}
they decided that maybe they weren't ready to be dog owners.
so Hawaii found a new family.
{darn - it}
the girls both cried when she left, but haven't asked about her since.
Jake came home after dropping off the dog and went back to our master closet...and tried on my jeans.
{because i had repeatedly reminded him of said pre- nup over the past few days}
although snug as a bug in a rug...they buttoned.
{i laughed 'til it hurt and begged to take a picture}
he said no.
{darn - it}
i guess i will "forget" to buy some milk, bacon, chips, and salsa at the store.
rules are made to be broken.
6 comments:
That is awesome. At least your pants were snug, I think mine might be too big. That's a dealbreaker.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, I just peed my pants. Oh wait, i just peed them again. "the beach", Jenni you are hilarious. But Jake, that was a double no no whammy so I think he deserves no bacan, milk, chips or salsa for a month!
Haha, oh man I loved this post! Even though I loathe all reminders of that ego shot day. :) Shame on Dad. Well that's hilarious that you got a dog. My mom succumbed once too. He lasted a couple months. Never again. Well props on the pre-nup. Now I'm wondering if Trav could fit into MY jeans!!! Ugh.
Ha ha I love the pre-nups!! I'm so with you on the whole dog thing. I told Jared that if he ever brought home a dog I will file for divorce ha ha!!
Holy Cow...I laughed so hard I think I peed my pants. I love your name for the dog and your pre-nup. So sorry that Jake broke it....twice. You should have taken a picture as punishment. ;) You crack me up!
Jennifer Willis, You Are HILARIOUS! I LOVE that he went to the closet to try on your jeans. Funny, funny, funny! Thanks for keeping us laughing.
Post a Comment