Thursday, April 15, 2010

The last 2 weeks

For some reason my schedule is super full lately.
It's the time of year for weddings, babies, playing outside, spring cleaning, gatherings with friends and family, and trying to get a swimsuit body all within a few weeks.
There really isn't enough time during the day to accomplish all of these.
{but i am going to try}

General Conference weekends are my 2 favorite weekends of the year.
It's a great excuse to do nothing, but lounge, eat, feel the spirit, and spend time with the family.



everyone got settled in to watch the prophet on the computer.

and were thrilled when they actually saw him.

even this guy was happy to be locked in the office for a day full of goodness.

It didn't take long for the nice pillow and blanket relaxation to turn into a "quiet" pillow wrestling match.


unshowered at 11 am.
at least my hair was still doneish from the day before.


sharing ...or not.

By the afternoon session we all decided to get showered and dressed
{no small miracle}


I used conference to practice my weak french braid skills.

I had several willing participants.



Yet again another General Conference weekend lived up to my excitement.

Easter 2010

A friend of mine told me that she puts a yarn "egg hunt" around her house for her kids to find their easter baskets.
{i stole her idea}
Each kid had a different color yarn they had to follow in order to get their easter basket.
They enjoyed the early morning treasure hunt.
{all except for tate who wanted to hang out in his crib}




the Peeps were a huge hit.
we got to celebrate with both sides of our family and enjoy the beauty of spring.
It doesn't get any better.


Also, Jake and I have been weighing the idea of birthing another baby or adopting a baby/toddler.
{or neither}
I have just recently gotten to the point where I am ready to think about either option.
We have fasted and prayed about it.
{nothing yet}
Some days I can see us with the 5th and final Willis installment, but other days I am up to my eyeballs with the 4 kids I already have.
People always say, "when you are finished, you just know."
I don't know. at least I don't think I know.
So we keep asking what we should do.
{and waiting for some Heavenly direction}
I am sure when it is time for us to know, we will.
{Heavenly Father is good like that}

6 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

You're crazy.

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

I have an idea... I'll let you guys borrow my new born for a couple of days and maybe that will help you decide if you want another one!!! Ha ha

Amy said...

Birth the baby, birth the baby, do it for me!!! OK, OK, I know you are waiting for inspiration, but my vote is birth. And then you can adopt........!!!

Cicily said...

Firstly, I can not believe that your hair looks like that when you wake up that is so amazing. Secondly, more Willis kids? You guys are superparents.

Jenna said...

Well you don't want to end up in the loony bin! You're only what 26? You have like 10 more years to birth. No rush Jennifer.....

Ginger said...

I'm glad you tried out the yarn hunt. Your yarn was way cuter than mine!