Saturday, April 3, 2010

{easter dream}

I got back from a beautiful, peaceful early morning bike ride this morning and found ashlinn awake and waiting for me.
I got to hug her and hold her and the she went off to play.
{alot to do at 5:50am on a Saturday}
Hallie came walking down the hallway smiling.
{i had a dream, a good dream!} she said
hallie never remembers her dreams.
{it was about Jesus!}
{ He blessed the sacrament and gave it to us. He held me and i felt his wounds. they felt bumpy. i thought it was real, mom. i was so happy, my heart was warm. ashlinn was there with me and alot of other people i don't know. I got to see Jesus for reals. I didn't want to wake up. i will always remember that dream!}
I sat staring at her little beaming face, realizing that this is a perfect way to have an Easter weekend.
I felt the spirit looking into her eyes as Ashlinn asked questions about her dream.
Before all of this, I was worried about what yummy food I was going to make for conference morning, but i was snapped back into the real spirit of Easter.
{He Lives. He loves me. He will come again....just waiting}

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Hallie for a great way to step into Easter Sunday. And thanks Jenni for sharing it.

Shelley Goodman said...

Wow, that was a cool dream. It's crazy to think how spiritually connected kids are and sadly it get's tainted with all the nastyness in the world.

So i just read the post below. I have tears for you but way to be a good mom in putting your kids first. Im pretty sure I wouldn't have a membership if I had to take mine with me...almost postive!

Ginger said...

So sweet. What a special moment for you and your daughters.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Your kids are so receptive to these things. They are awesome.

MelissaEaves said...

Oh, what a great story. Don't you love that you have this blog to write it down so that it will never be forgotten.