Thursday, April 29, 2010

dancing in the rain.

You know those days when you just feel so blessed...
When things seem to be just going great  and you just get that overwhelmingly blessed feeling.

I feel like I  had an entire week of those days.
Don't get me wrong, there have been moments where I forgot that I was feeling this, but in general I am incredibly grateful each day.
The weather is fantastic, my kids are sweet, and my honey bunz is as wonderful as can be.
{what else could I ask for?}

It seems like after the rough weeks, things always get better.
{sometimes it takes the crazy times, to help us realize the great ones}

now, before you throw up in the back of your mouth, keep reading.
I wrote that top portion on Monday, but because I didn't have time to finish, i saved it...
{and didn't knock on wood}

Tuesday Tate was rotten.
I mean naughty, sassy, destructive and just plain busy.
He walked from thing to thing destroying, breaking or climbing it.
{sometimes all 3}
I was feeling frazzled and was happy when bedtime rolled around and vowed that Wednesday could only be better....
{again not knocking on any wooden anything}

Wednesday morning, I couldn't find Tate.
He was hiding from me under his crib, sucking 2 pacifiers...for 10-15 minutes.
As I was hiding the suckies, he got a pizza cutter and began seeing what he could slice with it...
{fridge, homework, clothes, sisters}
He continued his many antics until we left to run errands.
{thank heaven for car seats}
We went to 3 different places.
He cried at the first, threw a major fit at the second, and stole 2 tubes of expensive lipgloss at the 3rd.
{we went home}
After lunch it was nap time.
{my time to breath}
I had to wake up the precious one from his nap to get Ashlinn from school and then drive to Jake's work to drop off some keys.
Tate screamed NONSTOP in his carseat.
Before taking the drive to Mesa, I stopped by our house and grabbed some fruit snacks..in hopes that would quiet his mouth.
{although breaking Jake's "no food in the car rule"}
They worked.
But as I was handing back a few more, I slammed my car into those blinking, solid barrier things.
{blew out my tire, broke a light on my car, scratched up the side, and dented the front}
Because the tire was completely flat, we slowly rolled to a tire store
{just around the corner}
The nice worker saw me staring at my car/tire and came out to help.
All 4 of my wee ones ran free inside the store.
{touching, stroking, climbing everything}
I think the employees were a bit frightened.
My spare tire wouldn't work and they didn't have a tire that would fit.
Seriously.
After seeing my look of anxiety, the manager offered to drive to another location and pick up my tire.
{bless him}
I pulled the stroller out of my car and started walking.
{to sonic}
I figured ice cream cones would calm them for a few minutes.
On the walk I realized I could choose to be frustrated or "make lemonade"
{I chose lemonade}
{i silently prayed to "get through" the rest of the day}
We laughed and ate ice cream at 4 pm.
{nothing wrong with that}
We walked back to our car all fixed.
pure awesomeness.
I drove home and stopped to get the mail.
a jury summons...for me.
{i chuckled}
I opened our back door and instructed the kiddos to " play outside"
That is when Tate ran into our play pool fully clothed.
i changed his clothes and began thinking about dinner.
Tate brough 2 eggs inside form the chicks and threw them on the ground.
{of course}
BACK OUTSIDE SON!
i looked out the window and saw BOTH boys in the pool fully clothed.
k.
I brought everyone inside and sent the girls to their music lessons.
But because the floor was wet from the pool play, Tate slipped and busted the back of his head open.
{it was bleeding all over his neck, shirt, and back}
I actually laughed. poor guy.
I held him and rocked him trying to make sure that he knew I still loved him even after laughing.
We {the boys and I} got dinner ready.
Suddenly I realized that the girls should be home by now, so I went out in the front yard to see if the were on their way from the neighbors yet...
Hallie and Jayda were running toward me.
"Sister willis, Ashlinn broke her leg!"
really.
{i figured they were right...might as well add a broken leg}
I walked down the sidewalk smiling and thinking I could make a movie out of the days adventures.
Ashlinn was laying on the sidewalk, with only a skinned knee...and alot of dramatics.
I carried her home.
 The phone was ringing as I walked in.
It was Jake calling saying that he would be home in another 45 minutes.
The kids and I ate dinner and waited for Jake to come.
He came home, played, bathed, read, prayed and kissed.
All kids got into bed and went right to sleep.
{and then I breathed}
and polished my nails.
and thanked the Lord that I made it to the end...mostly smiling.
and prayed that Thursday would be better.
and went to bed.

8 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

How come you and your cars don't like stationary objects on the side of the road:) Oh Jenni, those were some awesome days you just described. I just hope I don't read your blog in a few weeks and see that you are announcing your pregnancy...just for your sake!

the Robinsons said...

I feel bad, but that made me laugh! Ah I hope today went so much better! You're so good to be able to smile after everything.

MelissaEaves said...

I Love Life, What A Day! Seriously, I get on your blog when I need a good laugh or need to shed some tears. I must learn from this post and be sure to note all the fun that can take place in one single day. I'm just wondering when my special day will come....I just knocked on wood. Way to handle the pain Jenni. Thank goodness you were blessed with an optimistic spirit. You are fabulous!

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

WOW!! And I thought my day was tough when Skye poured baby formula all off my kitchen floor and living room carpet. You are one tough chicka I would have been crying on the side of the road. I have a hard time making lemonade out of situations. I'm dramatic sometimes!! Ha ha

Jenna said...

Jen you gotta laugh at these days! Your kids are healthy and happy! Things are always worse for someone else! Good luck! Boys are great:-)

Shannon said...

I just have to say thank you...I think it must of been something in the weather because Jacob has been a stinker lately. Maybe it's just affecting children between two and two and half years....I don't know, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who laughs at my injured child (but sometimes it's just like are you kidding me, did that really just happen and you can't help but laugh).....

Stephanie Evans said...

I WAS throwing up in mouth after that first part. And rolling my eyes, and wondering why you live in a Disney cartoon. Just kidding, but seriously. :) Obviously I felt bad for aforementioned behavior after reading what happened to you! That's the kind of stuff movies are made of. And great blog posts. Glad Taters didn't need stitches and Ashlinn didn't need a cast. And your poor car. Double whammy since it got banged up AND Jake knows you broke his rule.haha (Which is hilarious to me by the way. I get the point, but with kids, it's just not super realistic) I think this means that you should be smooth sailing for at least the next 2 years.

Adam and Jess said...

Oh I seriously felt for you while reading this post. I couldn't believe one thing after another. This accident reminded me of one years ago, with a much worse outcome and a scared Michael. Good thing you had your wits about you and were able to "laugh" a few things off. It probably would've been one of those days I would have to just cry for a few minutes to let it all out. You have twice the kids I do though.

Can I be honest with you though... you're my HERO!! I'm not just saying that. I tell people about you. That you are my same age with not just TWO kids, but TWO MORE kids than I and that you wake up at FIVE to work out. I can't believe all that you do and when I'm having a rough day, who do you think I think about? YOU!! You're just awesome and have a great outlook on life. Miss you.