Sunday, July 4, 2010

i'll go inside someday.


I am the kind of person that plays out scenarios in my head a bazillion times before it actually happens.
{it wasn't different with Crew's sealing day}

I had planned and fasted all day.
{my only desire was for each one of my children to feel the spirit in the temple}

{and remember it}

When we arrived at the temple I felt overwhelmed with emotion as my little family walked up to the temple doors.
{and went inside...together}

 Jake and I walked into the sealing room filled with family and friends.
President Huber {the same man who sealed us} talked to us until they brought in our kids.
{the spirit in the room instantly became sweeter}
They kiddos were really calm with happy, pure, smiling faces.
{especially Crew. He was glowing. Adorable new glasses and all}
I kept thinking {this is my family}
{forever}
I felt like the luckiest mom in the world.
{and I am :)}
Crew's huge smile, Tate's quiet, happy reverence, and Ashlinn and Hallie's giant sparkle in their eyes.
{all of it was beyond words}

The entire drive home we talked about the temple. I think the kids used the word "happy" 1000 times.
{they are right}
The temple is filled with happy.
{and I can totally vouch for that}

{the day was better than even my best case scenario}










Families really are forever!

11 comments:

Amy said...

I've been watching for this post for two days!! We prayed for you and kept you in our hearts all that day. I am a scenario player, too, but I still have to keep preparing for my entire family to enter the temple together. It's going to be a lot of years. Lucky, lucky you!!! We are so glad to have him permanently part of our family. Meet you in a week, Crew Willis!

Cicily said...

So happy for you and your family.

the Robinsons said...

It was beautiful. You're children were perfect. Crew (and you and Jacob) was beaming the entire time. I'm so I happy I could be there. We love having Crew in the family!

Stephanie Evans said...

Hooray! Love the temple. Love your cute family. Congrats.

Holy guacamole that was a lot of updates! Darling glasses. Good to be white trash at the lake. That judge was funny in the picture. Busy summer!
Hope I get to see you soon amongst all the madness!

Shelley Goodman said...

I still have a smile on my face from Friday night. What a neat experience for your kids that most never get. They all did so good. I might pay you to teach my kids some church manners... or just how to behave period!

Meggs said...

I heart the Willis family!! I am soooooo happy I was able to be there. My favorite part was watching Crew's smiling face the entire time. He is adorable and fits right in. I love the pic. with the judge in it he looks like he really loves his job! NOT! (remember the time we use to say NOT a lot. Its still cool right?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us be there with you. That was so wonderful. I love your family. And Crew....he's so adorable. I loved to watch him just soak up all that love. ;)

MelissaEaves said...

It was a great day. I loved watching Crew. It was as if he knew exactly what was going on. You are such a wonderful person and mother. I am so glad to be Aunt Missy to all those perfect little kiddos.

Wendy Kay Photography said...

That was the sweetest experience. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We are so happy for you guys and are so glad Crew is a part of our family!

said...

Congrats! SSSOOO exciting and very happy for your family! What a blessing! You have a beautiful fam!

Adam and Jess said...

I loved this post. Your family looks so pretty in all white. What an amazing experience that hopefully none of you will forget. We are excited that you are going to be with Crew forever now. Where on earth did you find skater hats small enough to fit them ;)

From your other posts, I love the lake and miss being able to go as often as we did before. Are you still sane after a whole summer of all four kids at home?