I have made it widely known that my boys give my patience a run for its money.
{they also give me some big laughs and help me see some of my greatest rewards as a mom.}
For instance...
The other day I
went into the boys room to help them clean up.
I saw a pair of lightning mcqueen underwear and asked Tate,
"are these dirty or clean?"
To which he responded by picking up the underwear
{revealing a huge GREEN poop smear}
and then smelling it.
{insert dry heave here}
He said it was clean.
I pointed out the "stain" and asked him,
"what is this?"
Tate- "green poop"
Me- "why is your poop green?"
Tate- "because I ate a green crayon." {insert a "duh!!"}
I almost died laughing... until I found out from his preschool teacher that he had consumed an orange crayon the next day.
{i am gonna need to invest in alot of oxyclean}
I will be honest, Crew has had a rough past few months.
Emotionally he has had alot of hard days.
After an especially trying day, I knew I needed help to support my sad/angry little boy
{none of my ideas were working and both of us were feeling bad}
I got on my knees and prayed and pleaded to be told how to help him.
I couldn't do it alone.
I got off my knees knowing I had been heard.
I just needed to be wait, help would come.
It was that same day that my friend gave me a call and said she had come accross an article on bonding and attatchment that sounded alot like Crew.
She sent me the article.
I cried as I read it.
This was what I needed.
It told me how EXACTLY the things we were experiencing and then gave techniques/solutions to these problems.
I began instantly.
By the next morning there was improvement.
He was already trusting me more.
The following week, He came home from his school Halloween party, took out his favorite pieces of candy and his prized little toys and gave them to me, tate and macy.
{with the hugest smile on his face}
"You will LOVE this mom, it's my favorite."
{I about melted into a pool of goo of pure love for him.}
{and gratitude for Heavenly help}
Now 4 weeks later, he is almost completely a sweet, happy little boy.
{the same little boy I have seen bits and pieces of all along}
It is obvious that he feels more loved.
He will come into our bedroom in the middle of the night and ask for a hug or just to say I love you.
I am so grateful that he knows he can come to us anytime for love and support.
He will share without being asked, says kind things about others and will listen to me, without shutting down.
I know that I have been entrusted with very special spirits from Heavenly Father.
It is my pleasure and responsibility to be their mom.
But mostly I am grateful I don't have to do it alone.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment