It is mid November.
And as to be expected there have been a few sick days.
I have tried to sanitize every surface and avoid sharing cups etc.
{but really that is never gonna happen}
I can handle most illness with a suave experience, but puke is my arch nemesis.
{like I dry heave if I even think about cleaning up after someone has blown chunks}
Hallie woke up one night ralphing in the hallway.
Luckily we have stained concrete, so post-hurl clean up was minimal.
Lysol was used with reckless abandon and all lingering vomit germs were hopefully killed.
Until one night...
about an hour after bedtime Hallie walked in and said, "mom!"
I looked up surprised to see her awake still. I noticed she was covered in some sort of goo.
Before I could ask what it was, the smell of yak hit my nose with intensity.
"did you throw up?" I asked surprised that it had resurfaced...to the same child.
"No, Ashlinn barfed on me."
wow.
I walked back to the girls room fully expecting to comfort a distraught sick child and begin the dreaded post- spew clean up.
But instead I saw a sound asleep Ash, in her un-tainted bed.
And Hallies bottom bunk full of up-chuck.
{not to mention the soiled carpet... and sister herself}
So I did what all caring and concerned mothers do.
{i got my camera}
{because I have never seen something like this before!!!}
As I snapped photos, Ash stayed sound asleep, Hallie was completely grossed out
{as anyone whos sister had retched all over them would be}
It wasn't until Hal was in the shower and I was scrubbing the carpet that Ash woke up.
"Did Hallie puke?"
No.
Then the taste in her mouth clued her in.
" I did, huh?"
yup.
yes, you did.
And with great ability to lean over the side of your bed, missing your own sheets, and lose your cookies, all while remaining asleep through the entire thing.
{that is talent}
I may have seemed like the tin man as I giggled the entire time, but this was hilarious!!
This may have been the most fun post- heave situatioin I have ever had.
{just saying}
ps. everyone is all fine and well now.
pps. I used 13 different words for vomit in this post.
{because I can}
4 comments:
Nice. Hallie is such a good sport to stand there for a picture.
My kids all got that and the boys laid on the couch on Halloween night. So sad! But I must say mine always make the bowl or toilet. Denim threw up six times and never missed the bowl I had by here bed! As for boys they are a lot more tiring than girls I think! But they are fun! You're a good mom Jen!
holy barfaroni, that is sick! Haha, poor hallie. You think you win with the bigger bottom bunk...not so, not so. The barfies have been going around for sure! Glad you got it before the holidays. I am also glad I can check your blog when I need to think of a throw up word. 13 is impressive!
Oh I wanna hurl just LOOKIN' at that picture! What a champ of a little sister. Life in a fam, right?! :)
That was a sweet story about Crew. You're so good to document all the daily miracles that happen with your kids.
P.S. Happy spankin' birthday yesterday!
Post a Comment