Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In One Week From Today...

It has been more than 2 months since we found out about Crew joining our family.
 He has been living most of the time with us for almost 1 month.
Things seem great, but really there is so much more underneath.
I haven't blogged about all the drama because I was just going to wait to see what happened.
I realized that I might want to remember these emotions later, so I need to journal them. (right here for you to read...lucky.)

Here's the story...

When we were presented information about Crew, we were told he was "up for adoption". That term means that parents rights are gone.
This was not the case with our boy.
Both of his bio parents still have legal rights. BOTH! Although bio mom has a drug addiction that has kept her from parenting him his entire life and bio dad has never met him before because he is in the slammer, they are still in the picture.
From what I have read and learned, Crew was voluntarily put into foster care when he was a newborn, so bio mom could attend rehab. (we count this as a HUGE blessing) She has not been able to clean herself up enough in the past almost 3 years. Up to the time that we met him, Bio mom was checking on him through foster mom at least weekly...sometimes daily. When she found out that the state was putting him into a different home, she went into one of her downturns and no one has heard from her in over a month.
 Bio dad was in prison. He has been since before Crew was born. They have never met. Bio dad has never showed any interest in him, until 2 weeks before he got out. He got "out" last week.  Of course people who know are curious about his sudden interest when he has never even asked about his welfare before now. He still needs to prove paternity and show interest out of prison.
  Although it is easy for me to see why these two should not be fit to parent my son, they are still his blood relation. To the state that is the trump card. I truly believe that bio mom loves Crew. She is just so wrapped up in an addiction, that she is losing the greatest thing that ever happened to her. As a mom I hurt for her. (Although not an ounce of me thinks she should get him)
 We have found all of this information out in bits over the past 2 months. The case that both bio parents have seems to be going away with everyday without contact, but if they called the case manager today....who knows. This is why he must still live some of his time at  foster mom's...just in case.
  In one week from today is the first court date for severance of parents rights.
 By the end of October Crew will either be with us or transitioning into one of bio parents home.
We are praying and pleading that he stays with us.
I am so in love with my boy from another mother.
He is part of our family.
It is so hard to leave him over and over and over again at foster mom's and drive away.
I know I just need to trust in the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength.

Our little family will be fasting this Sunday for Crew...if you'd like to join that would be fantastic!

6 comments:

MelissaEaves said...

Thank you for sharing all of your feelings. I love the opportunity to join in a fast for such a great cause. It is so good for my children to have that opportunity as well. We love you Jenni and will pray that all will turn out just as it should. I know that it will.

Adam and Jess said...

I don't know why it is, but your posts either put me in tears or almost tears since the whole Crew situation. I will fast for you. Good luck with everything.

Stephanie Evans said...

I'm with Jess, I was on the verge of tears also. I had no idea about all that (of course). I wondered about the court dates though. I will be praying for you and we will fast also. I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster you are on. I know that if Crew is supposed to be with you guys, Heavenly Father will make sure it happens.

Cluff Family said...

We will be praying and fasting for your family. Crew is so lucky to be in such an amazing family! Good luck this next week!

Adam and Jess said...

I had totally forgotten about freeze dried stuff. Where did you get it? There's a place here that does whole foods and large quantities and an organic place that might carry dried foods. Do you get it from the cannery? I don't even want to think about moving all of it back, but also don't want to use it all and then have nothing when we come home.

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

I'm so sorry Jenni. I hope everything turns out the way it's supposed to..... As in Crew will be yours! I can't really fast right now but your family will for sure be in our prayers.