Wednesday, October 14, 2009

{the learning curve}

I have fasted and prayed with a pleading lately. Waiting for this court date, knowing that I had no control over the outcome, was scary. I fasted on Sunday. When I went to relief society Lori Richardson, one of my favorite people, was giving the lesson. She talked about family relationships. I remember her specifically saying that when you are praying for your child, your prayers take on a whole new urgency.(I agreed) Then she read a quote about our Fathers love for them and how it exceeds our love for them. I felt peace. I knew that my Heavenly Father was the One who was in control of the outcome in court. He loves Crew more than I do. Whatever the outcome, we could handle it.  On Tuesday morning, I really was at peace. I felt prepared emotionally for any decision. I watched the clock all day. I watched my boys playing outside in the gorgeous fall weather. I watched my girls playing trains with their brothers. Then my phone rang. (late in the afternoon) I got the news I had been waiting for. I was told that Bio mom had not shown up to court. Her parental rights are gone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Really? I looked over at my kiddos digging popsicles out of the freezer and cried. There is another court date at the end of the month for bio dad , but they already know it will go in our favor.  I feel so blessed! 
In the words of Ashlinn and Hallie....
"Crew is going to be a Willis!"

4 comments:

Cicily said...

That is great news. I'm so happy for your family.

the Robinsons said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so happy!! Congrats!

bettina said...

oh what a relief!! so happy for your family and your new little willis!!

MelissaEaves said...

I am so happy with the news. What a lucky little boy to have such an amazing family. Heavenly Father definitely cares more for our children than we can even know.