Monday, October 5, 2009

When the mans away...

Saturday night Jake went to General Conference Priesthood Session.
Growing up this was always the time for a "girl party". We'd rent movies, go to dinner, ect.

{Now} I realize it means I am alone on a Saturday night making hot dogs with 4 kids.

{I don't like hotdogs}

As I was microwaving these links of "100% beef-product",
I decided to make tonight a "mom and kid party".

So my youngsters gobbled up their "dinner" and we went outside to play in the gorgeous AZ fall weather (it was down in the high 70's)










Swinging, running, laughing a lot, and eating licorice.
Somehow this average night turned into a lot of fun! 
Now I know that in 6 months when it's another "mom and kid night" (not to be confused with most other nights) I will make plans for dinner that don't include "links" of anything. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

You are such a fun mom! How can you not like hot dogs?!! :) I actually prefer the 100% beef kind, but eat the 97% fat free kind instead. I just can't justify 15grams of fat for one dog. I myself spent Priesthood session snuggled under the warm covers with our portable DVD player watching the 4 hr. version of Pride and Prejudice, snarfing on chocolate covered cashews. Heaven :)