October 31st 2009-
I was at Walgreens with Ashlinn waiting for her antibiotics late at night.
We walked up and down each row.
I saw new pedilyte dissolving strips and powder packets.
{I bought them just in case.}
November 11th 2009- 3:15am
Tate began calling for me in his crib.
{He doesn't usually do that}
I walk to his room to see what's going on.
Before I enter his room, a wall of rotten stink hits me.
"Mommy, poop" , says stink man
I reach to pick him up to change his diaper, his shirt is wet.
I then heard the sounds of dripping liquid onto his sheets.
{what the crap}
"JAKE!" I yell in a 3am kind of yell.
{no response}
I pick up the adorable, yet disgusting little boy and run to my bathroom down the hall.
{dripping liquid poo}
"Jake, I am gonna need some help!"
{he wakes up}
I am trying to undress Tate over my bathroom sink, my sink is quickly turning from white to yellowish-brown.
Jake walks into the bathroom.
He stops and groans.
"Watch out, there is poo all over the floor.", I respond seconds too late.
{Jake begans gagging}
Waiting for the poo to kinda drain down the sink and the water to get hot, I am hugging a sick, cold, poo covered Tate.
I realize that he only weighs 25lbs. and there must be 20 lbs of poop around my house.
"Shower." asks little man
I look at Jake...still dry heaving.(in a manly sorta way)
"Sure. I will get him in the shower!" Jake responds, relieved that he isn't wiping yellow sludge from surfaces.
Before Jake entered the bathroom, he had brought all of Tate's bedding outside.
It was all nasty. Even his pillow.
I started a load of laundry.
Washed floors...and sinks.
Dressed Tate in clean pj's and put him in our bed to have daddy snuggle him.
I took a shower and changed my clothes too.
Tater was in desperate need of something that would stay in his system.
Then I remembered the pedialyte powder packs and dissolving strips.
Had the Lord known about our middle of the night poo problem weeks in advance?
of course!
{it was a tender mercy...just for us}
Tate drank an entire sippy of pedialyte before falling asleep.
I fell asleep thanking the Lord for giving me this tender mercy.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
5 comments:
I think you should write a book about horrible poo stories. I was laughing so hard because I know how terribly disgusting the smell of that kind of poo is. I love thinking of Jake, in the middle or the night, squashing it in between his toes...nasty. I am glad that you had just what you needed for little Tate. What a blessing.
I love this story. It made Jared feel like not such a wuss...seeing that other men gag while their wives deal with the mess! ;) Thanks for the laughs!
Love the(terd) you threw in there! If you have the chance you must always take advantage:)
Poor Tate, poop stinks.
Hiking in 90 degree weather... wow you guys are mountain goats. I know it was the picnic in a bag and the natural spring water that kept you going!
Poo stories are hilarious. You laugh thinking "I'm so glad that wasn't me", but still know in the back of your head that your time will come :)Hope Taters is feeling better.
It's good to realize that in times like that instead of complaining about squashing toes in mus"terd" you were thinking what a blessing it was to have bought that medicine. That's not fun. I wish we had fun places around here to do some family hiking. It's a little chilly.
Post a Comment