Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November {sunshine}

I got a call from my hubby.
"What are you doing today after you pick up Ash from school?" asked the sexy man to whom I am wedded
"Laundry." , I responded with grand excitement. {sarcasm added}
"Get bottles of water and "fast shoes" for everyone. We are going on a field trip."
{fast shoes are what we Willis' call running shoes. They make us run fast. Hence the name.}
I know him well enough to know what he had planned.
{hiking}
It is November, but today was 90 degrees.
{Beautiful, but warm}
So I gathered supplies, picked up Ash, and went home to meet Jake.
He got his hiking backpack...Am I good or what?




Hallie hiked the entire way. Not a single complaint.


We had to beg Ashlinn to slow down and wait for all the kids to catch up.
{she is a mountain goat}
She learned to make faces like her mama.


Crew's first hiking experience went better than either Jake or I expected.
{he didn't fall off the edge}


He may be small, but this Tater can hike.
{p.s. he looks homeless, but he is loved}






The {mastermind}




{ooolala}

We will be sure to go hiking more often. Everyone really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Ohlala is right! :) What a fun surprise outing. 90 degrees? Ugh. I forget that AZ has no winter. We are sitting warm in the 50's but I know cold weather is lurking in the future. I cracked up at Ashlinn's "mom" face. Looked so familiar :) And you are looking hot Jen! I hope I look so good after three kids. I'm pretty much expecting to sign up for the Biggest Loser by then.

MelissaEaves said...

Can Jake plan that again for this Friday? The high is supposed to be 70 degrees. You are all troopers. Looks like it was fun!