Thursday, May 10, 2012

7 days.

I have a few friends
Aka ( stephanie, Shelley and their hubby's )
who have done a week long cleanse.
Both couples have said it was tough, but had great results.
I like to push myself to try new things... Especially in the name of health... So I got the deets and began talking Jake into joining me.
It was surprising how he agreed so quickly... Perhaps I am rubbing off on him?
Or perhaps the fact that other men have done it too...
Or the appeal of losing 10 lbs in a week?
After we decided to do it,
Jake began talking another couple friend of ours into cleansing too.
Aka Danny and Annell.

It's called the "gm cleanse" or gm diet or something like that.
(google it for more info)

Well it is a pretty basic cleanse.
Day 1 - eat all fruit- no bananas
Day 2- all veggies
Day 3- mix of fruit and veggies - no bananas, no potatoes
Day 4- 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk... With an optional veggie soup
Day 5 - 2 oz beef and tomatoes
Day 6 - beef and unlimited veggies
Day 7 - brown rice, fruit juice, veggies

I thought the first 3 days would be a breeze.
I wasn't expecting that by the end of day 1 ( all fruit) I would have a killer headache and force myself to take even another bite of watermelon.
That fruit sugar was way too much for me.
( i recently just ended an almost 2 month no sugar streak)
Talk about sugar shock!!

By day 2 I was in heaven!
I decided I would like to be vegan.
(Jake said no) :)
All those tasty veggies were just what I needed... And the hubbs even liked spaghetti squash!
Day 3 I pretty much repeated day 2... With some apples.

Today is day 4.
Milk and bananas.
I really don't like milk.
And
I really have to be in the mood to eat a banana .
The good news is...
When that's your only meal option... It sounds really good!
( like really, really good )

My man is holding up just fine.
(although he has food dreams every night... And counts the days until he can eat chips and salsa... And a taco)
I think he secretly loves this.
Right babe?

I know that since I am mostly through the week, I will be able to make the finish line.
I am definitely not as hungry as usual.
And
I feel great!
I love not regretting food choices at the end of the day.

Hopefully my body detoxes and I drop a lb. Or 2... Or 5. :)

A girl can hope...

Final results on monday.

2 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

Go GM diet! Can't wait to hear your results. And spaghetti squash...genious!

Stephanie Evans said...

Oh my gosh, reading this just made me feel deprived all over again!! That was so hard for me. And didn't do me any good because I just binged the whole week after. But you are better than that so I can't wait to hear/see the results! And way to go on 2 months without sugar!! How on earth?! I can't go one day. Queen of willpower you are.