Monday, May 14, 2012

cleanse o' Rama... part deuce


As promised a few days ago, 
here are the results of my illustrious cleanse week.

but before I do...
{I'm gonna delay...like they do before the results of anything important}

Every testimonial and review of this cleanse I googled all boasted that ANYONE doing this right would lose AT LEAST 7 lbs.
{with most experiencing  double digit weight loss}
that sounded like something worth doing for only a week!

It's no secret that I have a lame metabolism.
By lame, I mean its super amazing at keeping me the exact same weight...no matter what I do.
I have counted calories for months, exercised for hours and hours, and run for miles on end... only to have the scale read no different.
{or show a gain of a pound or so}
{for the past 3 years!!}
ya,ya, muscle weighs more...
{totally and completely frustrating}
Not that I wanna drop 20 lbs or anything, but i'd like to see some kind of results!!

So, I began this cleanse with very high hopes.
{especially since fruits and veggies are truly my favorite foods}
I just knew this would be fruitful.
{no pun intended}
{or maybe a bit intended}

I was so thrilled Jake was willing to join me.
this would be so much easier with a partner in starvation.
On day 2 I had lost almost 2 pounds.
I figured it was water weight, but I was fine with that.
{loss is loss}
By day 4, I was down 3.
{not quite the pound a day I was hoping, but just fine}
Day 5, oh day 5!!!!
this day was lean meat and tomatoes.
I thought I read we could eat 2oz of lean meat and 6 tomatoes.
We ate our 2 oz...tiny portion...for breakfast...and I began eating tomatoes...all...freaking...day.
{i really, really don't like tomatoes}
By 4:30 pm I was IRRITABLE!
{By that I mean totally POed}
I was soooo hungry.
I was tired.
And I only had 2 tomatoes left for my daily food intake.
{although I had only consumed 380 calories that day}
So I began googling...
there was no way this starvation was good for me. at .all.
Thats when I read it wasn't 2 oz of meat...it was 20.
TWENTY ounces!
That was the best news since ... well... ever!
After a check with Shelley and a call to Jake, I was defrosting a chicken breast...and a steak for my man!
Then my body ate a few bites and I couldn't eat anymore.
It was rebelling...by having a tiny stomach and zero appetite...anymore.
So I woke up Saturday, day 6, soooooo happy to be able to eat any/ all veggies I wanted.
{heaven!}
I had lost 4.8 lbs.
{lets call it 5...just to make me feel better}
I wasn't surprised...since I had truly eaten next to nada the day before.
I decided that since I had been so upset with meat the day before, I would make this another veggie only day.
But ALL the veggies i wanted to eat.
I felt so much better after chomping my greens.
{I realized I actually may live through this thing}
I did end up eating half a chicken breast for dinner, but I had really no appetite at all.
{I was anxious to see my total the next morning}
{my final day}
I had kept tack of my daily calorie intake
{since I am freaky about that kinda stuff}
and I hadn't eaten over 1100 calories a day all week...with an average of 750 calories a day.
I stepped on the scale on day 7 with high hopes....
{drum roll please}
and...
I had gained 2 lbs.
yes, GAINED from day 6!
How in the bleep?
I had only eaten veggies and half a chicken breast?
Did I really only lose 2.8 lbs this week?!?!?!?
To say I felt frustrated was a complete understatement.
{especially when Jake lost 10}
{and danny and annell lost 12lbs and 9 lbs}
{and we ate mostly identical foods}
I kept thinking, "what did I do wrong?"
After a brief pity party, I decided to count my blessings.
I HAD lost 2.8 lbs in a week.
{the most weight loss I've had in a week since I gave birth}
{or had the flu}
That was great news.
{not as great as I hoped, but great none the less}
I had to change my attitude.
My handsome, always trying to help, husband said to me, "at least if there is a famine, you won't die right away."
My body is SO resilient!
I laughed so hard that the kindest thing he could say at that moment was that I would die slowly in a famine. :)
He really was trying to be uplifting.
{bless his sweet man heart}

So, overall, I would say it was worth it.
{since really, there was only 1 day of complete heinousness}
And it was a funny experience to share.
Jake and I both agreed we would do it again...although I may add some foods to different days.
{I mean come on, its not like I can lose less than 2 lbs!}

I was so thrilled that they served key lime coconut cupcakes in relief society.
{no better way to gain back both of my pounds}
:)

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

sorry the cleanse didn't pan out like you thought but you are still a rockstar!

Amy said...

Now you know there's really no point in doing that again. Enjoy real (healthy) food and don't gag a day of bananas or tomatoes down. Your body appears to be perfectly happy just the way you take care of it!! You are a braver soul than I.

Jenna said...

Kudos to you Jen for even doing it!! I would never last!!! You are already skinny Jen! My problem is I love
Food and dessert.... If I cut my normal eating in half I lose 10 pounds instantly. Now if only I could actually cut my food intake in half!!!!!