Monday, May 7, 2012

Graduates!!!

 Ashlinn and Hallie have been taking a music program called "Lets Play Music" for the past 3 years.
{thanks to the fact that Annell teaches it and has given us a discount}

Saturday was their recital/ graduation.
What made it so incredibly special is that they each composed their own song to perform.
{yes, they wrote and chose every note themselves}
{something I will probably never be able to do}

Hallie named her piece, "I love candy"
it was a fun bouncy number with pieces of the song "Happy Birthday" mixed in.
{soooo Hallie}
Ashlinn's was named "Rain is Falling"
She made the lyrics first and then wrote the music second.
It sounded like playing in the rain.
{sooo Ashlinn}

I was a proud mom as I watched them.
I worried for them as I saw their nerves take over.
But the prayers they said that morning helped to get them through.

Way to go Girls!!!!!









No comments: