I had one of the grossest , weirdest days .
One I really never anticipated living...
But I know I'm gonna look back and laugh, so for memories sake, here it goes ...
Good news... Even though I left my cell at home on accident while I ran errands, I only missed 2 phone calls.
Bad news... One call was from the girlies school... The other from Jake.
( never a good sign)
Good news... No one was injured or deathly Ill
Bad news... Ash has head lice eggs... Residing in her hair.
Good news... So do 4 of her classmates... And countless others at school...So I am not the only unsanitary parent around.
Bad news... After speaking with the school nurse and reading information about lice, I realized it is every bit as disgusting and annoying as I knew it could be.
Good news... Hallie was cleared by school nurse ... Lice free.
Bad news... As soon as I heard the word lice, my head ( and entire body are itching like crazy!)
Good news... Cvs had a homeopathic remedy so I didn't have to kill her brain cells.
Bad news... As I pondered the past few days events I realized that each day ( and night) I have been using the same comb on ashlinn as on Hal, Macy... And me!
Weird news... How the heck did I not notice wee insects making a home in her hair this morning as I braided ?!??!
Good news... I had plenty of bleach to soak every comb brush and Bobby pin.
Bad news... Ash and Hal have shared a bed for months.
Good news... Only one set of sheets, comforter , pillows, and mattress to wash, soap, sanitize, vacuum and iron.
Bad news... After washing every single fabric item that fits in my washing machine... All day long... I still have a pile 2 days deep.
Good news... Ashlinn is currently lice free and I treated hallie in a " better safe than sorry" scenario. I am also gonna treat myself... Or my paranoid head itching will drive me insane.
Bad news... It took truly hours and hours of soaking , combing, creaming and picking out to get her to that point.
Good news... She said a very sincere prayer that lice would leave our house... And her head.
More good news... My house is the cleanest it has been for years. Every corner is sanitized and vacuumed. All sheets, pillows etc. Are washed. Every hair pretty and hair stuff are either in the trash or crazy clean.
I truly thought lice only lived on greasy, unwashed hair.
I guess I have a thing or two to learn.
Oh the joys of motherhood!!!
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
2 comments:
That sounds like a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! But a clean house! Lice are actually frequent in MA. A couple times a month a note comes home saying that "a child in your child's classroom has head lice" It's actually the cleaner hair that lice prefer. They suggest using lots of product (gel, hairspray, etc) to keep them away. I'll cross my fingers and hope they stay away from our house. Good luck sis!
oh,oh,oh that is truly horrible. I mothers worst nightmare. I only had one encounter of lice at the salon and it was BAD. We're talking a whole country of lice, like you could see them 10 ft away. I still dry heave about it. Luckily by law, I didn't have to touch it! Poor Ashlyn, those suckers spread like wild fire at school but SO GLAD you didn't get them... and that your house is clean:)
Post a Comment