Now that Macy's hair is growing a little longer, I have been reading loads of info. about proper "ethnic" hair care.
Since I definitely don't wanna break off the hair we've got growin'.
Our routine has taken some adjusting.
This includes only washing her hair every 7 to 10 days.
Adding hair cremes/ oils every day... Most days its twice a day.
Never combing or brushing her hair when it's dry.
And
Sleeping on silk sheets, so her hair doesn't break off on the rough cotton ones.
After her bath at night... Just body washing, not hair... I put this thick organic, goopey coconut oil all over her head.
It is supposed to be the best product for her hair and scalp, but it is greasy!!
In order to avoid oily spots on furniture and clothes, Jake made Macy her very first " do rag". ( I have no idea how to spell it) made out of silk .
Jake did a marvelous job... His eagle scout knot tying skills put to good use.
And
My little Macy looked and felt so fancy!
And
We're growing healthy curls now.
Thank goodness for google searches!!!
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago


3 comments:
There's a great book called "Curly Girl" that we use with our students. I think you can get it on Amazon. Hope you guys are well. You should come visit this summer
She is adorable! Love the do rag! :)
that do rag melts my heart!
Post a Comment