Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A blog a day in may. Day 6

If I couldn't answer with my job, how would you answer the question, "what do you do?"


Funny you should ask.
(Or didnt ask, but I'm gonna tell you anyway)

I have a visiting teacher who asked me that very question, but she twisted it a little and said, "what do you do when everyone is content and you have 15 minutes to do anything you want?"

My first thought was, "is everyone ever content all at once?"

But then my negative nelly thought process remembered that glorious hour between 8 and 9:00 pm. All the wee ones are tucked into bed, dishes are done, floor is swept and kitchen lights are turned off. Several nights each week my mr. Is at the church for meetings, so it's me, myself, and I.

What do I do then?

That is a very, very good question.
So good in fact, that I had to really pay attention to what it is that I do.

Within the last week I have....

Played solitaire on my phone

Washed all of the outdoor windows/screens

Made a crazy long "to do" list for this week.

Bought a new swimsuit online

Browsed lds.org

Downloaded teacher appreciation tags from pintrest.

Planned 2 weeks of sharing time

Washed my hair

Read my scriptures

Walked through the house and picked up the tidbits of shrapnel from the day

Text friends/family that I failed to text back earlier in the day

Blog a post a day in may....

You see, I guess I "do" whatever I want to do.

I just check off things off of my to do list.
(In silence)
And I most likely talk to myself most of the time.
(Doesn't everyone?)

That my friends is what I do.



No comments: