Thursday, May 2, 2013

A post a day. Day 2

I am supposed to write about something I am good at today.
Most people feel like they are good readers and good drivers.
( and that they are at least mildly attractive)
I think I am a good reader.
( if good means fast)
I do not think I am a good driver.
(But I do think I am a better driver than I typically get labeled)
(Dumpster say what?)
As far as the attractive part, I just try to believe everything jake tells me. ;)
( so I am basically irresistible)
(What a kind man he is!)

But none of those things are what I would claim as my best skills.

1. I am an optimist.
I see the best in every day. My brain naturally looks for the "good news" in every situation. It is easy for me to count my Blessings. ( This is a blessing... So I don't know If it even counts as a skill)

2. I wake up happy and motivated every single morning.
Even when my day consists of laundry, toilets, and boogar wiping, I oddly want to jump out of bed and get going.
I actually think this is also a gift... From heaven... And from my mom.

3. I have a great memory of random tidbits. I may not remember everything, but I remember a lot of little things from the past. (Mostly good things too)

4. I am really good at loving completely.
When I love you, that's it. I fall in love hard, fast, and forever. I will see the best in you and be on your team.

5. Lastly, I am fantastic at enjoying being a mom.
Not every second of every day, but in general, I love my job.
(And because I am an optimist I am gonna say that I am amazing at it)
I try to put their needs first and enjoy these babes if mine.
( they really are incredible)
And I love love love it!
Each day I am able to lay in bed and smile at the end if the day.
( especially since they have typically bed in bed for nearly 2 hours)
I am the luckiest mom in the world.


And there you have it.
My talents.
(Although I didn't mention that I can still do the splits all 3 ways... Or that I have a Latin flavor when I do Zumba... Or that I can go for 6 days without washing my hair... Or that I have a very low resting heart rate...)
You'll have to get the rest of tht list another time.

1 comment:

Shelley Goodman said...

you are spot on. I wish I had your patients with kids and your zest for early morning hours!