Friday, May 10, 2013

A post a day in May. {day 10}

{My most embarrassing moment(s)}


I have two.
One I have shared on this blog before.
One I have not.

Here are the deets...

Lets go back to when I was about 15 or 16 years old.
We were playing YW softball, so we went over to Mesa Jr. to play and/or practice.
{why?}
We were trying to find a specific field and we were not having much luck locating it.
To get to one field, it required climbing over a really tall chain link fence.
{I am sure there was a walk around option, but that wasn't an option to me}
I was quite the energetic youth and ,of course, volunteered and began climbing before the responsible adult could disagree.
I got to the top of the fence just as the leader said, "we are over here" 
{pointing the opposite direction}
I daringly jumped down from the fence with great skill.
{but there was a problem}
Without me knowing, my oversized game shirt had hooked itself in the top pokey part of the chain link... soooo... as I jumped down, the shirt stayed at the top.
{leaving me topless}
I was wearing a sports bra.
{thank goodness}
,but to an insecure, barely breasted ,16 year old, it was traumatizing!
{especially when you have to climb the fence to retrieve the shirt}

Did I mention that the Mesa  Jr. highs boys baseball team was within 50 yards and saw the ENTIRE episode.
{yup, they were}
{and they were laughing}
I wanted to dig a hole and never come out!




{Embarrassing moment 2006}

Valentines Day 2006.
The girls and I decorated Jakes truck with cut out paper hearts.
My little girls also colored valentines for their "Uncle" Brian who rode passenger in Jake's truck everyday.
{aren't we cute}
I made a "special" valentine for Jake.
{which may have included a pair of red, lacy panties}
I put them into an envelope, wrote "Jake" on the front, and put it onto his drivers seat.
{like any good wife would do}

After checking out his festive truck decor, my hubby drove to his parents house to meet up with other co-workers.
My MIL, FIL and 2 sister inlaws were all sitting around the breakfast table.
My Brother in law and Brian were also there.
My Jake handed Brian the valentine from my girls... and then handed my brother in law
{who's name is also Jake}
the envelope with "Jake" written on it.
Now, I know you can guess what happens next, but because you need to picture it, I will explain to you how it was explained to me.
Jake Garrison {the BIL} opens said envelope and pulls out the red panties.
{While holding them up visible for the entire breakfast eating family}
and says, "uhhhh, Jake, I think these are for you."
From what I understand, My hubby lunges across the table, turning bright red, and stuffs the unmentionables into his pocket.

All the while I was at home, making oatmeal for my wee babies, completely oblivious to the shenanigans happening within half of a mile.
My phone rang.
My husband {in a half chuckle} says, "ya know that valentine you wrote "jake " on?
Well.... I gave it to Jake."
Me laughing, "Ya right!"
{my man pulls hilarious pranks all of the time... and this one HAD to be a joke}
Right after I said that, I heard the entire family laughing in the background.
It hit me as my man said, "no joke, really." that my plans for the night had just been revealed to the entire family... with FAR too much detail for comfort.

I decided, right there on the phone, that I would never, NEVER be able to look at my BIL again.
{he had seen my UNDIES!!}
and it was gonna be a while before I could look the rest of them in the eyes either.

Luckily, I got over it quickly and now we are all able to laugh full heartedly at this mix up.

{I also write my hubbys first, middle,  and last name on any love notes}
{And my BIL first and last on anything that requires it}
No room for confusion.


This story will never get old.





No comments: