I have a gorgeous friend named Brittany.
I was blessed to be her YW leader when she was a mia maid.
Back then I was newly married, pregnant, and then delivered our sweet, chubby Ashlinn.
Brittany was one of my biggest cheerleaders the entire time.
{even when Ashlinn cried bloody murder when Brittany looked in her direction}
Brittany is now married with 2 little boys.
{and is a fashion/mommy/photography blogger}
She began a motherhood project and me and my babes were chosen to be one of her subjects.
{enjoy}
THE MOTHERHOOD PROJECT: Jenni
{that's it}
I also learned somewhere in life that I have a gift to love.
{love fast, love hard, and love completely}
I had no idea in those pretend fairytale days that this gift would bless my life... in very good ways.
You see, some kids grow in their moms bellies, some kids grow in their moms heart.
I am lucky to have both experiences.
I gave birth to 3 beautiful newborn babies straight from heaven, I loved them instantly, with everything I had.
I have prayed for, met, and adopted 2 of the most adorable children on the planet, I loved them instantly, with everything I had.
Whether it was reading a positive pregnancy test or getting "the call", love began instantly.
It didn't matter that I didn't know what they would look like, how smart they would be, or if they would love me back, I would do anything for them.
{even gaining 30 lbs and growing a beard or have to share custody with someone else for a few months}
I would do it, I was their mom.
{and that is what moms do}
My love is the same for each of my children.
I feel blessed to jump for joy during their triumphs, cry deep, sad tears during their struggles, and laugh until my sides hurt at their hilarious antics.
Being a mom is truly the best.
Yes, there are hard days, but even on the hardest of the hard days, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
{not anything at all}
I tell them each day, "I am the luckiest mom in the world"
{because I am}













No comments:
Post a Comment