{As I type this post, I am knocking on wood.}
Over the past few weeks, we have all had to make adjustments. (note all below posts)
I can announce with great excitement that I think I have found my groove again.
That's right ladies and gentlemen...Jenni's got her groove back.
Let me explain...
I am a creature of habit.
{I like it that way.}
I like to wake up in the morning and mostly know what to expect that day.
I am not a fan of surprises...most of the time.
I don't sleep well when I don't know what is happening the following morning...good or bad.
With all of the driving to and from foster moms house...(hours every day), special attention to each child to help them transition, and all the regular mom/wife stuff, I haven't had a predictable day in two weeks.
The winds have changed my friends.
Now that Crew is spending 95% of his time at our house, I can predict (somewhat) the coming days activities. All of my kids now know how they fit together and what roles they play.
{This is good}
We are now the "normal" family. (I use the term "normal" loosely)
I feed everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We drop off and pick up kids from school.
Do laundry, clean toilets, and mop the floor.
We play outside after dinner and then take a bath.
Jake and I get to spend time together after everyone is in bed (by 8pm)(when he is home)
It is so good to feel that normality.
It is such a blessing that this puzzle fit together so quickly.
{Fasting and prayer work.}
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
3 comments:
You crack me up. I never even could tell that you lost your groove.
P.S. I am totally with you on the surprises thing. I hate surprises. I like my quiet normal non-eventful life. ;)
Jen I'm really happy for
you guys. Crew is Ashlinns twin, that is so crazy! I was laughing out loud at your comment of venture, Herb... Poor guy I loved him, nivea, stretch marks that really popped at work and that killed! Wow the memories Jen!! Remember how swollen I was??? I was a lardo! 9 yrs later and we have the same amount of kids, and weren't you like 12 when you worked there lol?? Love ya sister
Yay for normalcy! (In whatever form that may be)
Post a Comment