In my efforts to assure that each child has a few minutes each day of time alone with me, I got a babysitter for Hal and Tate (thanks Annell) and went to Ashlinn's school to eat lunch with her.
It was a surprise...and her face was GREAT!
I got to sit and eat with her at the little cafeteria tables, meet her friends, and watch her play on the playground.
I have to say that I was really proud of her and her kindness to everyone.
For instance...there is a boy in her class with an eye patch, a speech problem, and is just different. He was standing next to her in the lunch line and asked, "ASH- A- LINN, will you play witme on the playground?" She smiled her kind smile and said,"Sure"...and she did.
I couldn't have been happier.
We both a had a great time at lunch today, although I don't miss the smell of the cafeteria.
You know that feeling after dinner is all cleaned up, the kiddos are bathed, and you are sitting down to read a story...the calm feeling. That was us a few hours ago.
Then...
Tate stood on the couch and fell head first onto the concrete floor below. Luckily my foot got there in time to cushion the fall.
6 comments:
Ahh Ashlinn is so sweet, I bet she loved having you there! Your babies are so cute!!
Really, Ashlinn and Crew are long lost twins...CRAZY!
Let me watch your kids sometime! PLLLEASE. If you ever need to just leave and have alone time or spend one on one time with your chillins, I would totally come over in a heart beat! Lane loves playing over there and it would give us something to do. I would be honored if you gave me the pleasure:)
What a fun mommy you are. I know my girls love it when I go eat lunch with them at school.
Any time lady. I love those kiddo's...and I get to sit and watch how very much the SAME Hallie and Jayda are and Ethan and Tate. It's so stinkin' funny!
Ashlinn is such a sweetheart! Your kids are golden! I love that Crew fits in perfectly!
Did I just cry? What is wrong with me. Don't you LOVE lunch in the cafeteria? I really need to do that more often. Thanks for being a great example.
Post a Comment