Each morning we walk Ashlinn to school.
It is about 3/4 mile each way.
The mornings are AZ beautiful (not to be confused with actual nice weather).
It is so fun to walk the streets in our neighborhood and see the people that live in the houses.
On this particular morning, I saw one of our neighbors outside. Before I could say anything, I noticed Ashlinn in the front of the line waving, then Hallie, followed by the boys in the double stroller, of course I joined the fun.
{I laughed as I realized that my family was suddenly our own little parade.}
This pattern worked for two more walkers and a person driving past. I was so proud.
Another neighbor (the grumpy one that walks the mean dog every day) was coming toward us.
I was secretly hoping that the kids would do the same parade wave we had just experienced a few houses down, just to see how he responded.
{They did...right on cue.}
This time they added a sing song, "Good morning"
Grumpy neighbor responded as he walked past me.
"You should get a few more kids." (in a very crusty way)
I smiled a HUGE smile and said ever so peppy, "You are right!"
The Parade Participants:
The Willis Day Parade.
I like it.
We are gonna cheer up "grumpy neighbor"...one morning at a time.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
2 comments:
Glad to see Hallie on a bike. Maybe her legs won't get so tired.
Just keep working on that grumpy old man. I LOVE IT!
I love your last few posts. I can understand it being hard to find a new "groove" and glad it seems to be working for you. Love the "parade" of kids.
Post a Comment