Wednesday, September 23, 2009

{Hoarding}: A four part look

HOARDING
The symptoms: 
  The individual will display the need to collect items in mass. These items will have little or no physical value...only sentimental or emotional attatchment.


( When I went to check on Tate during his nap, this is what I found. 4 paci's. He only got put to sleep with one. He has a hiding spot.)
Hallie is a constant mother. I am the grandma. Today I was a proud grandma to three...and a toy cat.



Ashlinn stock piles all sorts of objects in her bed. She has the top bunk, so it is easier for her to conceal her stash . I went to change her sheets (after 2 weeks) and found:  2 bookmarks, 5 rocks, a small can, 2 books, a pencil, and several stickers. {IN HER BED!}

The family history:
  {Usually} this is not a genetic behavior. It can be learned.


Crew hauls this backpack everywhere. It is full of stuff...snacks and toys mostly. I was told that this is normal for a child that suddenly loses alot of familiar things. It is his safety stash. (or maybe all children do this)




The Cure: 
     I HAVE NO IDEA!!








7 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

That is a crack up! I especially love all the pacis!

Annell said...

We figured out that Ethan hides his paci's in his pillow case. These kids are smart!! And Yes, Maya has about 30 things in bed with her including rocks, stuffed animals, a cardboard house for her stuffed animals, a flash light, socks, and candy wrappers. Crazy!

the Robinsons said...

hahaha that's hillarious!

Shelley Goodman said...

I feel for Tate, relapsing is hard! Let's play next week?!

Ginger said...

Sounds like my kids. Sophia always knows where to find her paci's. Love the picture of Tate!

MelissaEaves said...

What? Is there a new hair cut in these pics? Looks AWESOME! Those are some stinkin' cute kids. I love the hoarding issue. Brady is 35 and we're still working on it. Good Luck!

Adam and Jess said...

This was a LOL post. I think your definition was dead on. So I guess that would make me a food hoarder:(
I'm liking the family pictures and Crew's haircut. Wouldn't that have been awesome if you'd left it to see how long it would get?