I woke up Sunday morning to tate and hallie and jake and me in our bed.
{It is only a queen size bed}
Hallie had just arrived for some "snuggle" time and Tate had come in about two hours before.
I thought about how blessed I was to have these sweet snuggly little kiddos.
As I walked down the hallway to check on my other precious kids, I saw Ashlinn on her top bunk with her leg draped over the side and then Crew sleeping in his big boy bed for the first time, still holding his Thomas pillow by his face. My heart was happy. I walked to the kitchen to try to get something done before too many things began, I saw a sunrise thet was incredible.
I was overwhelmed by all the blessings I have.
Although I expected to have all of the physical demands, and time demands, and attention demands of four kids, I didn't expect the emotional rollercoaster. Over the past week, there has been so much excitement, but there are times when my heart is hurting for everyonew making the adjustment. When Ashlinn asked if I was going to give her to a new family I felt like I had failed. When Hallie begs to be held, but I am already balancing two boys...my heart is sad for her. When we drop Crew off at "grandmas" and he cries for us, I want to steal him and run. When my baby Tate gives me a look like I have forgotten him, my heart breaks.
After church, we had planned to go to Jake's family and introduce Crew to all of them. We waited for Jake. After a little while, he came up and told me that bishopric stuff (important stuff) had come up and he couldn't go with us. I was already at the edge of feeling like I was giving all I could. I got in the car and cried as I drove. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep, the fact that it was fast Sunday, or all of the above mentioned, but I cried. I wanted to have more time, more energy, more hands.
{When I got to Jake's parents, I got my wish.}
They both jumped in. Gramps took Tate and they grilled some chicken together. Granny gave the girls the attention they needed, and I was able to give Crew the comfort he needed when meeting new people in a new place. (not to mention that dinner was made for us too) It was just what I neded. The Lord needed Jake's help in our ward, but he gave me two more people to help me out.
I know that this is what He wants us to do right now, and He will send help when we are doing our best.
I went to sleep feeling more blessed than I woke up.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
5 comments:
Stop makin me cry woman! You are supermom for sure. Yea for grandparents and the Lord's help.
Jenni, thank you for sharing this special time with all of us. You are giving ALL of your children a wonderful gift by bringing a new child into your family. You are also giving all of your blog readers a wonderful gift by sharing your "Reality" with us. Thank you!
It's a Lines thing. Sometimes we just that little extra Heavenly help. I was so sad I was not able to go to Mom and Dad's for Labor Day to meet little Crew. I have heard he is darling. I can't wait to see the "new" family picture. I love your guts!!
FatNat
I love these entries. Your story would make a good book and I love how honest it is. It totally sucks me in and I feel like I am going through all of this with you. :) You are doing an awesome job Jenni!
I'm with Stephanie. Stop making me cry. Your wonderful couldn't ask for a better sister in law :) love ya!
Post a Comment