Saturday, September 5, 2009

Brother, Sisters, and House...oh my!

My children met each other for the first time. I had worried for days about it. I woke up at 3am just to think about it...there was no need to worry...they are siblings.

When we picked him up from "grandmas", it was just me and the three other kids. Tate had fallen asleep in the car, so I woke him up to go in.
Tate doesn't like new places, new people, or me talking to other children. This only gets worse when he is tired. (this might have been why I lost alot of sleep over this meeting)
We walked into "grandmas" and the before mentioned "child dream world" sucked Ashlinn and Hallie into its trance, while Tate clung to me...tightly. I introduced the kids to grandma and then saw Crew eating lunch in his high chair...he was waving "hello" with a huge jelly smile on his face. I brought the kids over to say hi. We had discussed in the car that he doesn't know his name is Crew yet, so I  told them they could call him buddy, brother, handsome, or his current name. Ashlinn went with buddy. He smiled and waved. Tate waved...but held onto me with greater intensity. Hallie chose his real name, but mispronounced it and said a funny name for "bum". He smiled and waved again. Shoes on and into the car.
On the drive home, he talked the entire way. I didn't understand all of it, but he had alot to tell me. When we drove up Ashlinn and Hallie said...this is our home brother. I got chills. This is OUR home.
Most important things first...straight to the toy room to see the trains they had prepared for him. Perfect.

After the trains, All the kids gave him a tour of the rest of the house, we had a snack, and that is when he realized we have a backyard.
He ran out and we let the chickens out of the coop...he chased them around. The kids found a pile of ants...it was great to see them all respond about the same...fake screaming. He saw our mini pool and didn't know what words to use to tell me he wanted to swim. I asked him if he wanted to swim and suddenly a little squeal of excitement came from his mouth. Into the house, all the kids got swimsuits on...back outside. He took his "big brother" and "lil brother" role very seriously. He grabbed the hose and began squirting everyone. All four of my rugrats were laughing hysterically. This was going perfectly.
Ashlinn got the hose away from Crew and gave him a taste of his own medicine.
We then went for a golf cart ride soaking wet. The wind blew us dry...his long locks frizzed out. Daddy came home from work about then, and needed help unloading plants and trees...kiddos to the rescue.

We got dressed again and took a trip to chickfila and played and then headed over to Nana and Papa's (my parents). He met both of them, Raymond, Michael, Meggan, Titan, Ridge, the cow, the dog, the goats, and the chickens. He fit right in with the rest of the kids.He tried to catch the cow and got far too close for my comfort. Everyone played until we were sweaty and tired. Back to our house...bath, jammies, a little more Thomas. Ashlinn and Hallie begged for him to sleep at our house. Soon, I promised. Load up in the car, back to grandmas. He was happy to see her house, but he didn't want to say goodbye. He called me mommy and wanted me to hold him. When we gave him a goodbye kiss and climbed in the car, he layed in the grass in the frontyard to cry. Don't worry, we'll be back in a few hours. goodnight.

2 comments:

the Robinsons said...

Sounds perefect!!! He fits right in and they all look so happy!

Stephanie Evans said...

I love that you are taking us along for the journey. Thank you!