September 2nd was the day we met Crew. Here is the story....
We drove up to foster moms house, she was waiting for us.
We walked into her beautiful home that looked like every kids paradise...toys everywhere...indoor play house.
"This is gonna be tuff to beat" I whispered to Jake
We saw his foster sister and his foster brother...Where's MY boy?
Then I saw the train track sticking out from under the kitchen table...Percy the train (I now know his name) going around and around. I saw his brown curls and then he looked up at us. I couldn't help, but smile.
I sat down behind the table on the tile...careful not to mess up his tracks. Jake sat on the opposite side. We had sandwiched him in.
"Hi Buddy, I'm mommy."
He continues playing with trains.
Jake is smarter and pulls out the gift we brought him. A semi that holds and dumps little cars. He unwraps the box and starts stacking and dumping. Crew loves it. "Lots of cars" he says. We continued the stack and dump and talked to foster mom. She gave me his daily schedule...not too different. He just sleeps in until 830ish. We have usually have taken a morning walk, taken Ash to school, eaten and dressed by then. He will get used to our early morning routine...maybe he will eat on the walk and go in his pj's.
Crew jumps up and runs to the backyard. We go out to play. Catch, soccer, run, run, run. This is when I realize that he doesn't want to play with me so much. I have to steal the ball and have him get it from me. Jake, on the other hand is his "Daddy". He wanted Daddy to throw higher. He wants Daddy to chase him. He and Jake have their "instant bond". I can see in Jake's face that he is smitten with our little boy.
After we are sweaty enough, we go back inside to play with trains ( and I get to change my sons poopy diaper) Crew is so fascinated by these trains. I watch his eyes watch the trains...he adjusts the track again and again. Daddy makes the track go overa hill and onto a bridge. This is the greatest. (no wonder he loves his daddy so much)
He shows us his room and the rest of the house. He shows us how he goes pee pee on the potty. And then runs pantless around and rolls on the ground as I try to rediaper him. He is laughing so hard. When he laughs really hard he does the "knee slap"...very cute.
It was time for us to go. Had it been 3 hours already? We read him the book I had made for him. It has pictures of our family (including Crew), pictures of our house, car, chickens, toys, and his room. The only thing he wanted to look at was Daddy. He would point to the picture and then turn to Daddy and point and say "Daddy". (with the hugest smile) He has never had a Daddy or a male figure in his life. He needs him. He wouldn't let Jake put him down. As we walked to the car and said goodbye, I got a real hug from him. He squeezed back. He didn't want us to leave. He was reaching for us and trying to wiggle out of foster moms arms. "We will be back tomorrow!" we say as we get in the car. We will be back tomorrow!
Sometimes things go better than you picture them in your head.
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
6 comments:
Oh I'm soooo happy for you guys!!!! He does the knee slap kinda like his mom :)I can't wait to meet him and see that sweet smile and big brown eyes!! Welcome to the family Crew!!
I have tears! How lucky is Crew to have you in his life. He is going to LOVE being in your family. That is just so amazing how is has made the love connection with the two of you already. I bet it was so hard to leave him. Oh, I cant wait till he is all yours!
Perfect!! He sounds like the sweetest little boy. Not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed! We are so happy for you guys that you finally got to meet your son.
dido with the teary eyes!! how sweet! so excited for your family...especially crew!!
I seems I am not the first one you have made cry. That was beautiful. I pictured it all while I was reading it. Fairy taleish. I am beyond excited for you guys. Yeah for mommys and daddys! I love a good, warm hearted story :)
My eyes are teary as I read this. What a special time for you all.
Post a Comment