Thursday, October 25, 2012

30 days... {day 3}

Where do I begin today?

Maybe with just a few pictures of wacky hair day?
{i think yes}



Oh man is this fun!! 
{I heart spirit week}
{and these adventurous children of course!}

While waiting outside of the girls school Tate and Macy took turns wearing my sunglasses.
{why are kids in sunglasses so irresistible?}


We got our pumpkins!
{Carving will hopefully be this weekend}
Tate hand picked his pumpkin on his preschool field trip and is in love with that gourd.
{I do not know why he looks like he is in pain}



For the past several weeks I have been on the hunt for a twin size bed for Macy that was cute and not expensive.
{not as easy as one might think}
The kids and I have been to countless Goodwill's, Savers, and Garage Sales.
I have scoured craigslist.
Last Saturday we finally found "the one"
Even though it was already pretty, it needed me to give it some elbow grease so it looked like it was fit for my Macy.

{my kids on the drive home from the garage sale where I purchased the headboard, footboard, side rails, box spring and mattress}
That is a mattress resting on their heads.
{this is definitely against some law(s)}
{for sure}

I brought that bed {and accessories} home and began the finger cramping process of sanding, priming and painting coat after coat after coat.
After 3 days,  It was almost complete.
It was looking like my vision had planned it.
{I was so thrilled to be done}
So I began spraying the clear coat... it was not clear.
{more like light yellowish brown}
I waited for it to "dry clear"
It did not.
I threw a fit like a spoiled 2 year old.
{It wasn't pretty}
Luckily it got dark so I had to stop working on it or I would've sanded the bed down to toothpicks with all of my frustration.
I made dinner with an attitude.
And I finally realized I should stop being a drama queen over a BED!
{so I vowed to adjust my sassiness}
 I went to sleep with every intention of sanding it down and starting over in the morning.
{in my "free time"}
{and being somewhat cheerful while doing it}
Much to my surprise when I went to look at it this morning, I found that the mustard tinted hue made it look a little more vintage.
{And I decided to love it that way}
I carried in the bed and assembled it in Macy's room.
After I put the mattress on, my sweet little Macy climbed up and settled right in.
I know it's not the best "after" picture of the bed, but her teethy smile is far more darling than the bed anyway.
{Don't tell her, but she will be getting some new sheets for her birthday}
{won't she be excited?}
;)


Sometimes tender mercies come from calming the sailor... not the storm.
{or what I may think is a storm}

I am grateful.


No comments: