Tuesday, October 9, 2012

general conference. October 2012

I love General Conference.
It's been my favorite weekends for as long as I can remember.
I love the spirit that fills our home, the giggles and wrestles, the pjs, and the instruction that always feels like it's directly aimed toward me.

Today as our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson announced that the new minimum age for male missionaries is 18
{and 19 for girls}
My heart burned with the power of truth.
I sat there with tears coming from my eyes.
I thought of my own children and the changes this would bring for their lives, I thought about my nieces and nephews who now have nearly immediate eligibility, but mostly I felt the power that all of these missionaries will be as they spread the truth throughout the Earth.
Since they are proving every day to be "a chosen generation."

I feel so grateful to have a prophet on the Earth today.
I know He is Gods mouthpiece.

I felt
an overwhelming theme today of "Listen to the Spirit and Get to work helping others" .

I want to do better, be better, serve more.
I know when I follow the council directly from prophets and apostles
{from the Lord}
my life, my family, and those around me will be blessed.

I can't wait to read these talks again...and again.
I love General Conference!!!

No comments: