For relief society we had a "gun safety night" in preparation for a relief society trip to the shooting range.
I nonchalantly came home from church last Sunday and told Jake, "I'm gonna need to bring one of our {your} guns to the church with me Thursday night."
{you can imagine he was a tad bit stunned}
...and then managed to ask me "loaded or unloaded"
{good man}
But he insisted that if I brought the requested weapon, I must wear the holster.
{for unexplained reasons... I think he just wanted to see me wear a holster with a gun}
As you may know, I have no shame, so I strapped on a belt, a holster, and put my {his} glock pistol on my hip.
{and I snapped a picture with my phone and sent it to Jake}
{because this isn't an everyday occurrence for me}
I learned a lot that night and I can't wait to actually go shoot stuff with all of my new skills.
{so bad guys who try to ax me...watch out!}
On the last day of our glorious 2.5 week fall break we had something we called "a park marathon day".
Pretty much we drove around and played at any park we drove near.
We actually had a tender mercy and found the park they have been begging to visit since we saw it garage sale-ing one morning.
We went to 5 parks that day.
{it was lots o' fun!}
And lastly, in Crew's kinder class, his darling teacher had them make themselves out of their fingerprint.
I about cried tears when I saw Crew's artistic rendition of himself.
{so darling!}
{his glasses and his spiky hair make me smile}
{love}
School is back in session and life is definitely on the quieter side during the day!
but don't worry, we are not bored!
{honorable mentions this week that didn't get documented here}
- Family pictures 2012- followed by the 1st ever Jacob Willis family only trip to Peter Piper Pizza
{we never have purposely gone... but the free coupons from the kids school made it impossible to avoid this time}
- Alyse, Katie, And Jaxon's bday party- family fun!
- Having the 2 youngest Hainey's spend the night and stay a day while their brother was in the hospital
{did I mention that baby girl made me baby hungry as I stared at her sweet face at 2 am?}
- Having 2 other sets of friends over for play dates
- Doing Zumba 3 times... and having some sore hips/ abs
-Finding Macy the perfect bed at a garage sale... and hopefully having time to revamp it in time for her birthday!
{since I refuse to have a 3 year old in a crib}
A busy, Fabulous week!!
{since I refuse to have a 3 year old in a crib}
A busy, Fabulous week!!
1 comment:
Watch out! Jenni's packing heat!!
Post a Comment