Saturday!!!!!
I knew today would be a doozy before I even woke up.
Before any of the "regular" routine the calendar read...
9:00 primary program practice
11:00 Birthday Party for Crew's friend
{and hopefully Jake arrive home from hunting in time to shower before...}
12:00 Lalo and Julians baptism
2:00 Our nephew Calebs baptism
3:30 dinner/ party at Garrison home for Caleb.
6:00 Carve pumpkins
{since this is the only night before Halloween we will all be together to do it.}
{please feel free to insert make meals, sweep floors, shower self and children, make beds, do kids hair, go to deseret book, wrap Macy's birthday gifts, drive time between events and the extra kid "stuff" that must happen.}
I luckily had plenty of time to think and strategize
{all night long}
And pray.
{because I totally need His help}
It was amazing to me how things really just fit perfectly into place today.
Did everyone refrain from tattling today?
No.
Did my children suddenly stop licking the car windows?
No.
Did my hair suddenly settle perfectly into place?
No.
Did my dishes somehow make it to the sink and wash themselves without help?
No.
But everything that truly mattered went perfectly.
Jake was home with time to kiss us all and shower before the baptisms.
I watched our friend {a new convert to the church} use the Priesthood to baptize his sons.
I watched Jake bear testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.
I watched our darling nephew, Caleb, come out of the water clean and fresh and the receive the Holy Ghost.
I talked and laughed with family.
I carved/painted pumpkins with my honey and the kids and danced to "thriller" as we did.
In hindsight today was a perfect day.
{with just a little "life" mixed into it}
But days wouldn't be much fun without "life" now would they?
{macy making tinker bell}
Tate made "the hulk"
Ash took a crafty roach to her pumkin
{see finished job a few pics down}
{the muscle behind the magic}
Crew made a "scary blue guy"
{Hallie made Frankenstein}
No comments:
Post a Comment