I am not a bodily function person.
I don't think passing gas or burping is funny.
{actually it is gross}
I know, I know, "everybody does it", but I would rather put on the facade that I don't.
{ever}
My immediate family knows this about me and has come to respect my wishes.
I have tried to teach my children the art of "walking away" or excusing yourself from the table to burp in another room.
{but alas, they are all burping, gas passing rascals}
{that can laugh at any good "roody toot" story for hours}
{you can thank their father for this gem}
Well, today the pest control guy came.
He is a somewhat reserved guy.
{but my kids are fascinated with him}
I truly have to give them a talk before he comes about "personal space" and the fact that he is spraying POISON.
{so staying away is good}
As he was doing his bug killing, I was trying to keep Macy and Tate occupied by reading to them on the couch.
Mace squirmed away and started to walk down the hall
{where bug guy was working}
Apparently pest slayer thought we were all still in the family room and let "one" sneak out.
I heard nothing, but macy was in clear ear shot.
Macy immediately starts laughing and then screams, "EWWWWWWW, the bug guy just tooted!"
I had to try to hush Tate's laughter.
I can only imagine how this shy man must have felt.
{caught in the act}
He definitely worked fast after that.
Tonight as we talked about "favorite parts of the day" at dinner, I shared the bug man story.
My kids literally rolled with laughter.
Jake laughed and looked shocked at my punch line at the same time.
Jake laughed and looked shocked at my punch line at the same time.
I smiled as I realized this may be the first time I have shared this kind of story with them... at the table no less!
{the very place where I remind them to excuse themselves and not say "potty words"}
My gratitude today is for laughter.
{especially the full on gut laugh of my children}
The best is the way they enjoy the simple things and have no shame in laughing until they cry.
{i love it!}
Maybe bodily functions aren't always bad.
:)
.
No comments:
Post a Comment