Every year in October or November we take family pictures.
{I tell Jake it's my birthday present}
Every year when I ask Jake about days that may work he responds the same way.
"Again? Didn't we just have family pictures?"
{to which I lovingly respond}
"Yes, we did indeed get them LAST YEAR. Aaaand, I am planning on doing them again this year.... and the next year too."
{insert sweet smile}
{and then I play the "this is what I want for my birthday" card}
and he will usually agree for one night of torturous smiling without much complaint.
{he must really love me}
This year I did something that was "out of the box" for us... we wore color.
{not browns, blacks, whites or cream... with pops of color}
like a punch in your face kinda color.
{I was feeling brave... and I really wanted to buy this turquoise shirt}
{reason enough}
I love the way they look and I am hoping it will add the color I am hoping for to my family room too.
I haven't picked my favorite yet, so I will need to keep staring at them until I do.
{sad for me}
{not}
I can't wait to get one blown up big and switch out the one in my family room... and the kids individuals too.
No comments:
Post a Comment