Saturday, October 6, 2012

fall break {unplanned}

The annual 2 and a half week fall break arrived last week.
We have spent time doing the ordinary list...
gym, target, frys kids club, and going to our neighborhood park.
After watching a few movies, I decided we all needed to get out of the house.
So I announced that if everyone cleaned up really quickly we could go to chikfila to play and eat.
{cheers all around}
5 little bodies picked up the shrapnel from an exciting morning of indoor fun.
They worked so hard and I was proud of their handywork.
We all jumped into the burb and turned the key.
{nada}
After a few tries, the engine still didn't roar to life.
{sweat and disappointment covered our faces}

After a gazillion "why isn't our car working?" questions.
I got a second to think.
We have a rhino, we have a hungry howies that we can get to staying on only back streets, and a park where we rarely go.
{we have a plan}
I called my wee ones over and told them about the rhino...and hungry howies...and the park with the large covered armadas for eating and playing.
{since the 93 degrees may be a park deterrent }
{cheers all around... for the second time}
Luckily the rhino fired up and we were off.
Squeals of joy came from the back as we sped through the neighborhoods with our hair blowing in the wind.
After a quick stop for the pizza, we were at the park.
{without a single other person in sight for over an hour}















We laughed, we sweat, we ate, we played.
{way better than chikfila}
When I announced hours later at dinner that my favorite part of the day was that my car was broken, I got a few strange looks.
{but they all understood when I told I am so glad we got to be at the park instead, they agreed!}

{and my car got a new battery}

No comments: