Sunday, October 28, 2012

i am thankful! {day 6}

October 28th.
Today my little Macy Jayne turned 3.
{yes, 3 years old}
I am still in denial.
We started off the morning with eggs and toast.
{her favorite!}
on hello kitty plates, of course.



As I was planning Macy's birthday this year I got her 2 things that I knew she would like.
{but not necessarily LOVE}
{a new scripture scouts cd and some hello kitty sheets for her bed}
But I saw a chubby little baby doll that I knew she would adore
{and name "boom shaka laka"... like the others}

And she did.
{priceless reaction!}
  







I think she is thrilled with her bounty.


The new sheets in action.
{3 girls in a twin bed... no problem}


After the morning birthday rituals of kisses and spanks, we still needed to get ready for church.and not just any church day... primary program day!!!
They each got in their "fancy gear" and we got onto a pew just in time to score a spot big enough for me and my little ones and Jake's parents.
After the sacrament, where macy touched several pieces of bread and dipped her finger into several cups of water, my 4 big kids went onto the stand.
I watched my girls gorgeous smiles twinkle as they sang.
... and then I looked on the other side of the choir loft to where my 2 boys sat.
Actually, there was no need to look for them.
I could hear them.
{and mostly them}

You know how every year there is "that kid" that scream sings?
Well, this year it was my son or at times, sons.
I literally started laughing and crying tears as I watched crew scream every word.
{and then sing even louder on each chorus}
{and it seemed Crew was completely oblivious to the fact that he was singing louder than the rest of the primary}
And after a song or 2 of Crew's performance, Tate realized that he could also raise his voice a few notches.
Oh boy.
I can truly say I was very impressed that they knew ALL of the words.
It was one of those times that is totally payoff for all of the times you wanted to spank them and put them in time out for a week.
{and didn't}.
Love it.

Each of my kiddos said their part perfectly just like they practiced.
It was a fantastic program!

After church it was time for a bit of relaxing and cupcake frosting.

And then after 3678 times of asking, we got kids into their costumes and headed to grandma and grandpas for a halloween/ Macy birthday party.


costumes round 1.
{Luigi, Minnie Mouse, Mario, Cleopatra, and Cleopatra}












Cousins



Today reminded me that things just keep getting better.
Even when I think "right now is the best! I want to pause everything today!"
chances are, I am going to think the same think in a day or two.

Happy Birthday Macy!!




No comments: