With Jake on his deer hunt, Friday nights don't have the same excitement that they typically hold.
{bummer}
Last week on Friday,as I was searching for a way to spend my evening, I realized that there is a zumba class Fridays at 6pm at my gym.
My kids get to play and I get to dance/ sweat for an hour.
{yes please}
I went last week and it was okay.
She wasn't my favorite teacher,not a lot of Latin flavor, but I got a great workout anyway.
Today I decided to go back since Crew (and the other darlings) were begging to go to the play area.
{ and what else were we gonna do?}
The dance room was full when I got there and some fantastic music was playing.
I squeezed myself into the crowd and noticed that it was a different teacher than last week.
Right away I knew I loved her.
She had us shakin it, hollering and sweating within a minute or 2.
{ all to the sound of some hilarious/ fun hip hop mariachi music}
heck yes.
It felt like I was just dancing with a bunch of friends....Whom I had never met... And sweating like carazy.
Before I knew it she was cooling us down.
I looked at the clock.
Had an hour just passed so quickly?
My feet didn't want to stop moving.
I thanked the teacher for the fantastic time.
{ I thought it was a good sign when she asked me a question in Spanish}
{ I told myself it's because I had "the rhythm"}
I walked with my kiddos to the car dancing the entire way.
We all laughed as we drove with the windows down and the cool air blew in.
We made animal sounds until the guy on the motorcycle looked over.
We screamed at the top of our lungs for an entire block.
We laughed and laughed and laughed.
After we got home, and showers and jammies, the girls and I dances in the kitchen until we were so tired we had to take a break.
Tonight was one of those nights that I didn't want to end.
If only Jake were home my world would be complete.
{ and perfect}
I am thankful for a healthy body to enjoy life, my children, and the blessings that go with them.
Livin' the dream.
Just livin' the dream,
November= Lots of Birthday Boys
1 day ago
1 comment:
From the bottom, up!
I was reading your post about your best friends and was pretty sure you were referring to our "group".. but wasn't positive.. haha. Relief flooded when I saw the picture. :) Sad I couldn't be there! But excited for BJ's!! (And a Zumba class in the near future!)
GORGEOUS family pictures. Love the colors. Love that you are dedicated to amazing pics/ kid ensembles every year. That is work. Every Mom knows it. They are beautiful. Love the one where you and Jake are kissing and the kids are in the front making grossed out faces! Ha! But def my fav is the one where you are resting your head on Jake's shoulder.
Tooting story was so funny I laughed out loud then told it to Trav... who also laughed out loud. Poor man!!
Love Macy's bed. Patience led to a crazy cute piece of work!
Wish I could have joined you in that awesome Zumba session. I look forward to my Thursday nights more than anything else in my week. I love pretending I'm Beyonce/Shakira. Your kids giggling and you dancing in the kitchen paints a Lifetime movie sorta picture. Fun memories!
Post a Comment