Thanksgiving is about a month away.
{actually a little less}
My 30th birthday happens to be the day before Thanksgiving this year.
{pumpkin roll instead of a birthday cake sounds marvelous to me, btw}
As I have previously mentioned I have some "growing up anxiety".
So, in order for me to be ready for my arrival into a new decade and still have Thanksgiving spirit I am going to post 30 days of gratitude.
I won't finish 30 days before Thanksgiving, but that is fine with me.
{it's never a bad time for feeling grateful}
{and I have far more than 30 things to be grateful for}
Day 1 is my gratitude for friends.
I have several great friends, but there are 4 that I have been friends with for years.
{like about 20{plus} years}
They complimented me during "the hideous years"
They loved me when I was overly obnoxious.
They cried with me over the boys that broke my heart.
They knew my faults and mostly kept me out of trouble.
We don't have to impress each other.
We can just tell it like it is and laugh like crazy.
I got to join 3 of them for Jessica's birthday breakfast.
Our kids were wild and naughty.
{and muddy}
{but we laughed, caught up on extended family, and told ridiculous {and true} parenting stories}
We truly see the best in each other and I think we could talk for days.
It is comical to see how much we all have changed over the years... and yet are still so much the same.
I truly feel so blessed to have always had them as my friends.
Thinking about going out with them again almost makes me want to have a birthday.
{and thats something'}
{and Steph, I am not joking about having a zumba party while you're here}
{that's for real}
No comments:
Post a Comment