This morning started out a little on the rough side.
My 2 boys had no desire to do any of the usual morning routine.
{i.e. eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, say prayers, make bed}
They basically just wrestled for 45 minutes... with jammies and / or underwear.
{which now seems hilarious}
Even after I got stern, put soap in their mouth, and threatened to take away the privilege of trick or treating tomorrow, they didn't seem to be in any sort of hurry.
I was getting so frustrated.
Crew needs to be at school... and pants aren't optional.
What is a mom to do?
Eventually, when I gave the guilt trip about making everyone else late for school, they completed the basic of public decency.
{put on clothes}
I gave a brief lecture after family prayer and then tried to sweeten the spirit as we sang primary songs in the car.
I kissed Crew's little face as I dropped him off.
But I still felt really, really badly that I had been so upset this morning.
Luckily, There was already a tender mercy already in place for me today.
The kids had a dentist appointment during the late morning... so I would get to pick up my turtle paced little boy up from kindergarten for some quality time and lunch!!
Luckily Crew {nor I} hold grudges and he ran to me with a giant hug.
{exactly what I needed}
This little princess was the star of the office as she did pull ups on every counter top and skipped and giggled around like crazy.
When the dentist asked her, "who is your favorite princess?" she replied, "Ashlinn and Hallie"
{big smile from me}
She could get her teeth cleaned everyday.
Loves it!
While Macy was in the hot seat, these handsome men were playing a doubles game of Mario Kart.
{wanna guess who was Mario and who was Luigi?}
{hint: see the 129 pictures of our Halloween costumes}
My boys like the dentist, love mario kart, and hate taking pictures.
they are definitely Jake's offspring.
I did manage to get one of Crew while he wasn't looking though.
{sneaky me}
Their dentist is really kind and is in my sister Melissa's ward.
He has been seeing Michael and Lexi for years.
{and every time I go, he tells his assistant funny Michael stories}
{one more reason I love him}
Well, during our conversation he mentions something about my mom being there with Josh and Raymond this morning, but I figured he meant another morning and ignored it.
This afternoon I got a text from my sister Meggan telling me she had just left her kids dentist office and he told her he had already seen my mom, our 2 brothers, me and my 3 little ones... and her and her 3 toothed children all in one day.
{and none of us had any idea about it}
What a hilarious coincidence!
Next time we should time it better so we can gab while our kids get sparkling teeth.
{and my boys wouldn't mind having some new Mario Kart competitors}
Luckily today sweetened up from the sour morning and turned into a fun afternoon.
And just think... Tomorrow is Halloween!
{I have a feeling it will be great!}
Today I am thankful for forgiveness.
{Both from my children and from Heavenly Father}
No comments:
Post a Comment