Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{nine}

I have a nine year old.
My sweet, chubby cheeked baby has grown into a full fledged nine year old little lady.
She was crazy excited about having a friend party this year.
And planned every detail of a Hawaiian Luau party.
{since she recently found out that Jake lived in Hawaii as a kid}
{which she assumed made her half Hawaiian}
{which she was REALLY excited about}
{even after I broke the news that she was not half Hawaiian}

Ash and I got online and found inexpensive party fun and filled the shopping cart full of goods.
I completed the purchase the following day and awaited the arrival.
{it never came}
I went to search the tracking number and realized that I never got a confirmation email.
I must not have clicked the last button.
the "finish purchase" button.
AHHHH!
So with less than 24 hours until the party would begin, my darling brood and I wandered through party city in search of anything Hawaiin, tropical, and/or colorful.
We ended up with some cute stuff, although it wasn't exactly what we had planned.
Ash was such a good sport and was too excited for the party to care about the details she had once dwelled on.

Her angel food cake "volcano".


Her group of besties.
Sam, Lauren, Ashlinn, Jenny, Kenzie, Hallie, Maya, Jayda, and Lexi





We love this girl so much!
9 things about my girl for her 9th bday.

1. She loves salt and vinegar chips, nutella, and salad with vinegar dressing
2. Ashlinn could talk for 12 hours straight and not have to pause once to think of something to say next.
3. She has a very goofy personality that enjoys showing off {I'm sure that's nothing like me}
4. Ash has her own sense of clothing style that is typically an exact match to her personality
5. She has slept on top of her blankets for over a year so she doesn't have to make her bed in the morning.
6. She asks thousands of questions each day.
{which is probably why she is so smart}
7. Ashlinn forgets to blink when she watches movies and tv, so her eyes water and get super red after a short program.
8. She used her own birthday money this week to buy 2 stuffed dogs and a pair of fashion red "nerd glasses" she wears all the time.
9. She is a natural born leader. She is a responsible person who knows what is right and does it.

It hit me that in only 9 more years she will be an adult.
Holy cow! 
I better soak her little girl goodness up!

Happy Birthday Ashlinn Sadie!!

No comments: