Today is Halloween.
I've never been a huge Hallows Eve fan.
{not anti, but it's not my favorite}
As my kids get older though, their excitement has become contagious.
Between church and family carnivals, the weather cooling down and constant conversations about costumes, I had no chance of avoiding the Halloween spirit.
As long as we do the fun version of Halloween
{and ignore the creepy}
I guess I really do love Halloween after all.
Princess creepy teeth.
Tate got dressed up for time #3 for his preschool party.
{Seeing him in that mustache never gets old}
Jake left hunting again 2 days ago.
{so I am flying solo}
That meant that we would be doing Trick or Treating differently this year.
Instead of driving across town to go to Jake's parents trunk or treat, I decided to just stay in our neighborhood and have a nice 45 minute candy gathering fest.
Luckily we were able to join up with some of our favorite neighbors for the night.
The kids had mounds of candy after 3 streets.
{and they were anxious to get home and eat it}
So we made our way back home and dumped the hoard onto the table.
I let them all pick their favorites and then put all the rest into our bucket to hand out to other kids who came to our door.
{Ash with our neighbor Ben}
We ended up sitting out front after a while and loading up any candy bag they came near us.
{this is my favorite part}
But the very best treat of all arrived right before bedtime.
{wearing camo and smelling like he hadn't showered in days}
Jake arrived just in time to kiss the candy covered faces goodnight.
After the little ones were in bed I got to tell him all of the days adventures
{including the very drunk and grown up Mario and "naughty" Luigi we met trick or treating}
{who took a picture with my innocent Mario and Luigi}
{Tate actually told grown up Luigi... "This is weird"
I am so happy Jake is home.
I am definitely ready to hand over the "protector" baton tonight so I can get some sleep, finally!
Tonight I am grateful for Neighbors, Community, and the end of Jake's deer hunt!!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment